How to Write a Surgical Technician Resume?
To write a professional Surgical Technician resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Surgical Technician resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Surgical Technician’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Surgical Technician resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a Surgical Technician.
- List your top Surgical Technician skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Surgical Technician resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Surgical Technician to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Surgical Technician resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Arturo Miller 35 Marshall Drive Chardon, OH 44024 Marital Status: Married, email: email@example.com
Arturo Miller Miller, Chardon, OH, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
For a Surgical Technician email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (firstname.lastname@example.org) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Surgical Technician Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Surgical Technician resume summary:
Surgical Technician with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a Surgical Technician Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Surgical Technician resume experience section:
- Write your Surgical Technician work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Surgical Technician work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Surgical Technician).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
SURGICAL TECHNICIAN Resume Example
- Controlled bleeding during procedures by using hemostatic clamps, suture ligatures, and electrocautery equipment.
- Anticipated surgeon's needs by providing necessary instruments and supplies during procedures.
- Conducted pre-surgery and post-surgery sponge, instrument, and needle count and documented the same.
- Closed wounds using sutures, staples, clips, and other necessary tools.
- Operated, adjusted, and monitored diagnostic equipment and machines utilized during procedures.
- Prepared instruments for terminal sterilization and reset surgical suites for the next procedure.
- Created an unobstructed operative field by using retractors, sponges, suction, and irrigating equipment.
- Collected, prepared, and disposed of medical specimens and ensured a safe operating environment for both invasive and non-invasive procedures.
- Set up equipment, tools, and supplies and arranged instruments according to surgeon's preferences.
- Trained new surgical team members and aligned MOHS procedures to achieve best-in-class care standards and optimal efficiency.
- Maintained operating room setup by cleaning and sterilizing instruments and surfaces, managing supply inventories, and organizing surgical tools.
- Maintained documentation of post-operative instrument reconciliations and protocols for quality care.
- Trained new staff members on operating room procedures, infection control, safety standards, and overall facility policies.
- Provided scrubbing surgical assistance and support to surgeons during general, gynecology, genitourinary, orthopedic, neurosurgery, and plastic surgery procedures.
- Sterilized instruments and disposed of medical supplies and waste following OSHA guidelines.
Per diem Surgical Technician Resume Example
Per diem Surgical Technician
- Maintaining a sterile environment during surgical procedures.
- Gathering, organizing, and passing surgical instruments.
- Maintaining sterilization equipment and surgical supplies.
- Regulating the temperature, humidity, and pressure in the operating room.
- Keeping a stock of sterile implants available at all times.
Senior Surgical Technician Resume Example
Senior Surgical Technician
- Recorded counts of surgical sponges, instruments, and needles before and after surgical procedures.
- Utilized retractors, suctioning, and irrigation equipment to create clear surgical fields.
- Conducted training for 45 personnel on operating room procedures, infection control, safety, and facility protocols.
- Arranged equipment, tools, and supplies for procedures and organized instruments according to surgeons' preference cards.
- Operated diagnostic equipment and monitored patient vital signs during procedures using specialized machinery.
- Closed incisions using sutures, staples, and other tools.
Surgical Technician Resume Example
- Prepping operating rooms, and gathering materials for the upcoming schedule
- Charting paperwork, pre-operation phone calls, and organizing the business office
- Sterilization of the operating rooms, tools, and other equipment needed for surgery
Top Surgical Technician Resume Skills for 2023
- Labor and Delivery Technician
- Assistant Leading Petty Officer, OR
- RN, ASCU/PACU
- RN, Endoscopy Pre/Post
- RN, MED/Surg
- RN, Surgical Services, OR
- Nursing Instructor
- Assistant Leading Petty Officer, GYN clinic
- Surgical Technician
- Valor Intern
How Long Should my Surgical Technician Resume be?
Your Surgical Technician resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Surgical Technician, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.