What Do Hiring Managers Look for in a Student Athlete Resume
- Balancing academic and athletic commitments.
- Striving for excellence in both academics and athletics.
- Effective time management to accommodate training and studies.
- Goal setting and perseverance in pursuit of success.
- Demonstrating leadership and teamwork within the sports team.
How to Write a Student Athlete Resume?
To write a professional Student Athlete resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Student Athlete resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Student Athlete’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Student Athlete resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a Student Athlete.
- List your top Student Athlete skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Student Athlete resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Student Athlete to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Student Athlete resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Joey 7704 Clay St. Huntley, IL 60142 Marital Status: Married, email: email@example.com
Joey Campos, Huntley, IL, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
For a Student Athlete email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (firstname.lastname@example.org) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Student Athlete Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Student Athlete resume summary:
Student Athlete with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a Student Athlete Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Student Athlete resume experience section:
- Write your Student Athlete work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Student Athlete work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Student Athlete).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
Student Athlete Mentor Resume Example
Student Athlete Mentor
- Meet with student-athletes several times a week to facilitate their academic performance, confidence, and independence
- Provide individual support with time management, organization, note-taking, studying, and test-taking strategies
- Provide a supportive and positive environment
- Focus on assisting student-athletes with achieving their academic objectives
- Work within the scope of UGA, SEC, and NCAA rules and regulations
Student Athlete Resume Example
- Dedicated significant time and effort to rigorous training sessions each week in preparation for upcoming competitions, ensuring peak performance.
- Utilized various training techniques and strategies to continuously improve performance in competitive play, striving to excel in the sport.
- Demonstrated commitment and punctuality by consistently attending all practices, meetings, and workouts as required by the team.
- Managed time effectively to balance the demands of traveling for games, attending practice sessions, and fulfilling academic responsibilities.
- Prioritized nutrition, training regimens, and lifestyle choices to maintain optimal fitness levels, recognizing the importance of overall well-being in athletic performance.
Ice Hockey Student Athlete Resume Example
Ice Hockey Student Athlete
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth through daily education, training, and nutrition, fostering continuous improvement in all aspects.
- Effectively managed a challenging schedule, balancing academic responsibilities and team commitments, leading to academic achievements and recognition.
- Regularly evaluated performance, identifying areas of strength and areas for improvement, and implementing strategies for ongoing development.
- Contributed to the success of a diverse team of 18 colleagues, collaborating to achieve team objectives and enhancing communication and interpersonal abilities.
Student Athlete Resume Example
- Contributed to the success of the collegiate volleyball team, playing an integral role in their achievements as a finalist in the 2021 Collegiate Championship and a quarterfinalist in the 2019 National Tournament.
- Developed leadership skills and motivated teammates through participation in the Elite Leadership Workshop for student athletes, showcasing leadership abilities and dedication.
- Demonstrated exceptional time management skills to effectively balance the demands of collegiate athletics and academics, maintaining academic excellence through efficient study habits and effective time allocation.
- Cultivated a proactive and disciplined approach to time management, excelling both on and off the court, while developing valuable skills such as self-motivation and perseverance.
Top Student Athlete Resume Skills for 2023
- Sport-specific Skills (e.g., shooting, passing, tackling)
- Athletic Conditioning and Fitness Training
- Sportsmanship and Fair Play
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Goal Setting and Time Management
- Discipline and Self-Motivation
- Coachability and Learning Ability
- Physical Strength and Endurance
- Speed and Agility
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Balance and Body Control
- Reaction Time and Quick Decision Making
- Flexibility and Range of Motion
- Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Sports Nutrition and Hydration
- Mental Toughness and Resilience
- Sports Psychology and Mental Skills Training
- Game Strategy and Tactics
- Athletic Leadership and Communication
- Effective Practice Techniques
- Sports Rules and Regulations
- Performance Analysis and Video Review
- Sports Equipment and Gear Management
- Sports Event Planning and Organization
- Sports Event Marketing and Promotion
- Sports Science and Biomechanics
- Sports Medicine and First Aid
- Sports Injury Assessment and Treatment
- Sports Performance Testing and Assessment
- Strength and Conditioning Programming
- Sports Rehabilitation Exercises and Techniques
- Sports Recovery Strategies
- Sports Psychology Techniques (visualization, goal setting, concentration)
- Sports Nutrition Planning and Meal Preparation
- Sports Hydration Strategies
- Sports Injury Prevention Exercises and Warm-up Routines
- Sports Equipment Selection and Maintenance
- Sports Event Logistics and Coordination
- Sports Fundraising and Sponsorship
- Sports Media and Public Relations
- NCAA Compliance and Eligibility Rules
- Sports Career Planning and Development
- College Athletic Recruitment Process
- Academic Balance and Time Management as a Student Athlete
- Sports Networking and Building Relationships
- Sports Scholarship Applications and Essays
- Sports Performance Tracking and Analysis
- Sports Performance Enhancement Techniques
- Sports Performance Recovery Strategies
- Sports Science and Training Innovations
How Long Should my Student Athlete Resume be?
Your Student Athlete resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Student Athlete, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.