What Do Hiring Managers Look for in a Shipping Receiving Manager Resume
- Proficient in managing shipping and receiving operations to ensure efficient logistics and inventory control.
- Strong knowledge of shipping procedures, customs regulations, and freight forwarding.
- Skilled in coordinating shipments, tracking deliveries, and resolving shipping issues.
- Ability to supervise receiving processes, inspect incoming goods, and manage warehouse storage.
- Proficiency in optimizing shipping and receiving procedures to meet deadlines and reduce costs.
How to Write a Shipping Receiving Manager Resume?
To write a professional Shipping Receiving Manager resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Shipping Receiving Manager resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Shipping Receiving Manager’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Shipping Receiving Manager resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a Shipping Receiving Manager.
- List your top Shipping Receiving Manager skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Shipping Receiving Manager resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Shipping Receiving Management position to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Shipping Receiving Manager resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Tommy 7704 Clay St. Huntley, IL 60142 Marital Status: Married, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tommy Mack, Huntley, IL, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
For a Shipping Receiving Manager email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (email@example.com) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Shipping Receiving Manager Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Shipping Receiving Manager resume summary:
Shipping Receiving Manager with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a Shipping Receiving Manager Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Shipping Receiving Manager resume experience section:
- Write your Shipping Receiving Manager work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Shipping Receiving Manager work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Shipping Receiving Manager).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
Shipping Receiving Manager Resume Example
Shipping Receiving Manager
- Supported daily warehousing and shipping operations.
- Picked, packed, and shipped customer orders.
- Processed internal shipping requests for technical service and vendors.
- Ensured shipment accuracy and maintained proper documentation.
- Received incoming materials and directed them to appropriate areas or personnel.
- Assisted with opening and closing shifts as needed.
Top Shipping Receiving Manager Resume Skills for 2023
- Inventory management
- Shipping and receiving procedures
- Warehouse operations management
- Order processing and fulfillment
- Freight forwarding and logistics
- Shipping documentation and labeling
- Customs and import/export regulations
- Supply chain management
- Inventory control and optimization
- Packing and packaging standards
- Shipping carrier selection and negotiation
- Shipment tracking and tracing
- Shipping cost analysis and reduction
- Receiving inspections and quality control
- Warehouse safety protocols
- Material handling equipment operation
- Inventory tracking and reporting
- Shipping scheduling and coordination
- Transportation routing and optimization
- Return merchandise authorization (RMA) processing
- Supplier/vendor management
- Shipping cost budgeting and forecasting
- Compliance with hazardous materials handling
- Inventory replenishment strategies
- Shipping and receiving software proficiency
- Product labeling and barcoding
- Cross-docking and transloading operations
- Shipping damage prevention and resolution
- Warehouse space utilization and layout planning
- Cycle counting and physical inventory audits
- Shipment consolidation and LTL optimization
- Materials handling safety procedures
- Shipping insurance and claims handling
- Supplier performance evaluation
- Inventory accuracy and discrepancy resolution
- Shipping and receiving metrics tracking
- Demand forecasting and planning
- Return merchandise management
- Inventory data analysis and interpretation
- Shipping and receiving cost optimization
- Staff training and development
- Shipping and receiving process improvement
- Compliance with safety and regulatory standards
- Shipping and receiving budget management
- Inventory management software proficiency
- Shipping and receiving process documentation
- Negotiating shipping rates and contracts
- Inventory reordering and stock replenishment
- Staff scheduling and workforce management
- Lean inventory management principles
How Long Should my Shipping Receiving Manager Resume be?
Your Shipping Receiving Manager resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Shipping Receiving Manager, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.