What Do Hiring Managers Look for in a Shipping Manager Resume
- Proficient in overseeing shipping operations, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of goods.
- Strong knowledge of logistics, supply chain management, and shipping regulations.
- Skilled in coordinating with carriers, negotiating shipping rates, and optimizing shipping processes.
- Ability to manage inventory, track shipments, and resolve shipping-related issues.
- Proficiency in supervising shipping staff, providing training, and maintaining shipping records and documentation.
How to Write a Shipping Manager Resume?
To write a professional Shipping Manager resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Shipping Manager resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Shipping Manager’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Shipping Manager resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a Shipping Manager.
- List your top Shipping Manager skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Shipping Manager resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Shipping Management position to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Shipping Manager resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Rose 7598 Old Manor St. Saugus, MA 01906 Marital Status: Married, email: email@example.com
Rose Hudson, Saugus, MA, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
For a Shipping Manager email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (firstname.lastname@example.org) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Shipping Manager Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Shipping Manager resume summary:
Shipping Manager with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a Shipping Manager Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Shipping Manager resume experience section:
- Write your Shipping Manager work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Shipping Manager work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Shipping Manager).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
Shipping Manager Resume Example
- Engaged in effective communication with vendor representatives to address issues related to damaged shipments and item shortages.
- Managed a high volume of paperwork and collaborated with administrators to resolve invoicing and shipping problems.
- Maintained accurate computer records of materials weights, bill amounts, and identified any discrepancies.
- Monitored and reported transportation costs while ensuring proper filing of shipping documents.
- Improved inventory and recordkeeping accuracy by conducting thorough inspections and comparing shipment contents with documentation.
- Collaborated with the District Manager and Store Manager to develop and update sales forecasts and plans for parties and costumes.
- Provided training to new staff members on job duties, company policies, and safety procedures for efficient onboarding.
- Oversaw the daily shipping and receiving operations, handling a 350 packages per day.
- Organized and maintained records of vehicles, schedules, and completed orders.
- Categorized and redirected cargo shipments based on customer requests.
- Conducted inventory audits with a high level of accuracy (90%+), adhering to company procedures.
- Utilized spreadsheets, handheld inventory control devices, and calculators to generate damages and shrink reports, minimizing overall loss.
Shipping Manager Resume Example
- Identify shipping issues and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Manage and schedule shipping of products.
- Coordinating the work with Port Authorities.
Shipping Manager Resume Example
- Conducted investigations and implemented effective shipping and receiving strategies, selecting optimal carriers, routes, and methods to reduce costs and improve scheduling.
- Collaborated with vendor representatives to address issues related to damaged, lost, or short shipments, ensuring the protection of company interests and financial targets.
- Fostered positive relationships with representatives from UPS, FedEx, and DHL shipping companies.
- Facilitated efficient routing by generating accurate shipping documentation and package labels.
- Monitored and reported on transportation costs, while ensuring the proper filing of shipping documents.
- Provided exceptional customer support by addressing inquiries and promptly resolving any issues that arose.
Meat and Produce Shipping Manager Resume Example
Meat and Produce Shipping Manager
- Maintain cleanliness and safety standards in the working environment, adhering to relevant regulations and protocols.
- Perform formal evaluations of associates, providing comprehensive assessments of their performance.
- Prioritize customer satisfaction by consistently delivering high-quality products in a timely manner.
Operations and Shipping Manager Resume Example
Operations and Shipping Manager
- Developed, implemented, and maintained policies and procedures to ensure smooth operations.
- Reviewed and managed open sales orders, ensuring accuracy and timely processing.
- Conducted invoicing and generated reports for sales forecasting using QuickBooks.
- Handled small orders and drop-ship packages, managing the receiving and invoicing process.
- Maintained open communication channels among departments, distributors, and vendors.
- Conducted safety and health risk reports on-site to ensure a safe working environment.
- Adjusted and consolidated inventory to optimize efficiency and accuracy.
- Created and set up customer and vendor profiles for effective record-keeping and communication.
Top Shipping Manager Resume Skills for 2023
- Knowledge of shipping and logistics operations
- Understanding of supply chain management principles
- Ability to manage shipping schedules and deadlines
- Knowledge of international shipping regulations and requirements
- Familiarity with customs procedures and documentation
- Coordination of transportation and freight arrangements
- Effective communication with carriers, suppliers, and customers
- Understanding of freight rates and cost analysis
- Knowledge of import and export processes
- Inventory management and control
- Order fulfillment and tracking
- Warehouse and inventory optimization
- Management of shipping personnel and teams
- Knowledge of packaging and labeling requirements
- Routing and shipment optimization
- Use of shipping software and systems (e.g., TMS)
- Compliance with shipping and transportation regulations
- Coordination of cross-functional teams (e.g., warehouse, procurement)
- Handling of shipping claims and resolution of issues
- Understanding of Incoterms and shipping terms
- Management of shipping documentation (e.g., bills of lading, customs forms)
- Knowledge of hazardous materials shipping regulations
- Ability to negotiate contracts and rates with carriers
- Tracking and monitoring of shipment progress
- Collaboration with customer service and sales teams
- Vendor management and performance evaluation
- Implementation of shipping best practices and process improvements
- Use of data analytics for shipping performance evaluation
- Knowledge of industry-specific shipping requirements (e.g., perishables, hazardous goods)
- Understanding of shipping insurance and risk management
- Management of shipping budgets and cost control
- Continuous improvement of shipping processes and efficiency
- Use of barcode scanning and inventory management systems
- Knowledge of carrier selection and evaluation
- Freight forwarding and consolidation techniques
- Understanding of transportation modes (e.g., air, sea, road)
- Management of shipping documentation and records
- Knowledge of shipping compliance and documentation requirements
- Use of electronic data interchange (EDI) systems for shipping
- Understanding of shipping regulations and compliance with international trade laws
- Management of returns and reverse logistics processes
- Knowledge of e-commerce shipping requirements and platforms
- Use of shipping analytics and reporting tools
- Understanding of transportation security and cargo protection measures
- Management of shipping performance metrics and KPIs
How Long Should my Shipping Manager Resume be?
Your Shipping Manager resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Shipping Manager, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.