How to Write a Security Manager Resume?
To write a professional Security Manager resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Security Manager resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Security Manager’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Security Manager resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a Security Manager.
- List your top Security Manager skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Security Manager resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Security Manager to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Security Manager resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Lillian 7704 Clay St. Huntley, IL 60142 Marital Status: Married, email: email@example.com
Lillian Flynn, Huntley, IL, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
For a Security Manager email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (firstname.lastname@example.org) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Security Manager Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Security Manager resume summary:
Security Manager with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a Security Manager Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Security Manager resume experience section:
- Write your Security Manager work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Security Manager work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Security Manager).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
Senior Security Manager Resume Example
Senior Security Manager
- Redesigned and expanded ABC Corp's Offensive Security function, adopting the lead IOT security testing and guidance role, and adding a Penetration Testing and Approved Scanning Vendor scanning function to meet PCI-DSS requirements.
- Aligned risk criticality scoring across the team, improving team reporting efficiency and consistency, business engagement, and resource deployment.
- Created a Penetration Testing framework and introduced a long-term roadmap to reduce Penetration Testing expenditure while increasing coverage across the ABC Corp portfolio.
- Added Red Teaming capabilities to the existing team, enhancing ABC Corp's security posture against potential threats to their Retail and Digital estates.
IT Security Manager Resume Example
IT Security Manager
- Led and implemented the HITRUST compliance certification process, from the self-assessment to the validated assessment, and mapped HITRUST to SOC2 Security Controls.
- Evaluated various SIEM products to identify network attacks, malicious behavior, policy violations, and provide comprehensive auditing and reporting capabilities to support regulatory compliance.
- Managed and administered the Device Management System, including ManageEngine, Intune, and JAMF.
- Deployed the first Security Information and Event Management (Wazuh) system across all company devices and servers to enhance security posture.
- Utilized endpoint security systems to implement security policies and prevent data loss.
- Configured and optimized network hubs, routers, and switches, including Cisco Meraki, to ensure network security.
- Implemented and configured LDAP, SSO, and SAML using Jumpcloud (Directory-as-a-service) to streamline identity and access management.
- Managed and administered the VPN server from configuration, maintenance, to granting access to employees.
Information Security Manager Resume Example
Information Security Manager
- Worked as an Information Security Manager for ADE space, enabling and ensuring the firm has the right cybersecurity and technology controls in place for 25 applications.
- Provided guidance, best practices, and technical assistance to application development teams in addressing application security issues.
- Helped the team assess and prioritize the remediation program.
- Performed SOX SOD audits for the CCB application and responded to RFIs received from the PWC team.
- Handled the SOX team from CCaaS.
- Collaborated with internal auditors and external teams to address the audits and guide the AD team about the process.
Cybersecurity manager Resume Example
- Understand and interact with related disciplines through committees to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems and services
- Provide leadership to the enterprise's information security organization
- Partner with business stakeholders across the company to raise awareness of risk management concerns
- Assist with the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems
- Designing and implementing data strategies and systems.
- Overseeing the collection, storage, management, quality, and protection of data.
- Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program
- Develop and enhance an information security management framework
Network Security Manager Resume Example
Network Security Manager
- Directed heterogeneous internal network, including DNS, email, and user account administration. Acted as company hostmaster and webmaster.
- Performed routine maintenance on customer websites as requested, from simple HTML changes to more complicated ASP coding.
- Designed and managed the company intranet site, including architecting and implementing a web-based Help Desk application to deal with in-house requests for IS/IT.
- Supervised small staff consisting of three sustaining engineers. Implemented security and escalation policies, handled intrusion prevention and detection, implemented user training procedures.
- Directed heterogeneous customer server hosting network and associated servers and procedures, including DNS, scripts, email, database, load balancing, and backup.
Senior Information Security Manager Resume Example
Senior Information Security Manager
- Document information related to IT security attacks, threats, risks, and controls.
- Monitor the effectiveness of action plans in addressing information risks.
- Obtain corporate management's endorsement of security policies, standards, and procedures by articulating cost and benefits.
- Perform a comparative analysis of security service performance parameters against security information sources.
- Prepare an information security performance report based on analysis and correlation of information security events.
- Analyse and correlate information security events to identify appropriate event-handling actions.
- Assess operational and implementation costs, and evaluate them against the potential business impact if the policies and controls are not implemented.
- Develop IT security policy and operational procedures based on information collected.
- Develop a documented action plan containing policies, practices, and procedures to mitigate the identified risks.
Information Security Manager Resume Example
Information Security Manager
- Rolled out Automox cloud patching and administered vulnerability management program
- Designed IAM architecture and implemented mandatory controls using SAML, JIT, RBAC, and device certificates
- Participated in UAT and signed off on security requirements for new DevOps products
- Provided quarterly updates to the Risk Committee of the Board
- Conducted creative and stimulating InfoSec awareness training
- Built the InfoSec program from the ground up in a highly-regulated industry
- Responsible for all SecOps efforts using hands-on technical expertise in a cloud-first environment
- Led incident response with zero known breaches
- Deployed Azure Sentinel SIEM including integrating AWS CloudTrail and custom data feeds utilizing REST API
- Configured M365 environment per Microsoft recommended settings including AAD Identity Protection, Defender for Cloud Apps, Defender for O365, DLP, and Exchange Online Protection
Supplier Security Manager Resume Example
Supplier Security Manager
- Collaboration with colleagues in Data Protection to ensure reviews comply with GDPR requirements and data transfer rules
- Striking an appropriate balance with senior stakeholders to reach resolution on control deficiencies and delays in evidence receipt
- Manage a team of junior auditors providing situational leadership, allowing future talent to exceed expectations
- Manage the assessment of ACME suppliers' data security controls to determine appropriateness to process personal data or gain access to Sky networks
- Lead the framework to continually streamline and simplify supplier review processes
- Trusted advisor within Technology audit providing guidance on complex data security matters
- Ensuring timely review of suppliers to accelerate business critical supplier onboarding
Top Security Manager Resume Skills for 2023
- Auditing: Audit
- Management Activities or Functions: Operations
- Information Systems
- Privacy and Data Security: Business Continuity
- Scripting and Programing
- Security: Cyber Security
- Cloud Services
- Reporting: Budget
- MS Office Applications
How Long Should my Security Manager Resume be?
Your Security Manager resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Security Manager, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.