What Do Hiring Managers Look for in a Porter Resume
- Proficient in maintaining cleanliness and organization of facilities, including sweeping, mopping, and trash removal.
- Strong knowledge of proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials and waste.
- Skilled in performing routine maintenance tasks, such as light repairs and equipment inspections.
- Ability to assist with the setup and breakdown of events and activities.
- Proficiency in providing exceptional customer service, assisting with inquiries and addressing concerns.
How to Write a Porter Resume?
To write a professional Porter resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Porter resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Porter’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Porter resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a Porter.
- List your top Porter skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Porter resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Porter job title to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Porter resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Camren 682 Fifth St. South Plainfield, NJ 07080 Marital Status: Married, email: email@example.com
Camren Jacobs, Plainfield, NJ, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
For a Porter email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (firstname.lastname@example.org) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Porter Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Porter resume summary:
Porter with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a Porter Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Porter resume experience section:
- Write your Porter work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Porter work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Porter).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
Accident and Emergency Porter Resume Example
Accident and Emergency Porter
- Provided transportation services for patients, including the safe transport of individuals to various locations within the healthcare facility.
- Handled the respectful and sensitive task of removing bodies from the morgue, ensuring proper procedures and protocols were followed.
- Assisted with the delivery and transportation of blood cultures and specimens, maintaining the integrity and proper handling of these samples.
- Responded to cardiac arrests, both in pediatric and adult cases, providing immediate support and assistance as part of the emergency response team.
- Responded to medical emergencies, promptly assessing the situation and taking appropriate actions to provide necessary care and support.
- Managed team members involved in patient transfer, blood culture procedures, and the removal of bodies, ensuring efficient and effective coordination of tasks and responsibilities.
Receptionist/Porter Resume Example
- Assisted guests with making room reservations, ensuring accuracy of booking details and providing information about available room options.
- Checked guests in and out of the hotel, verifying identification, providing room keys, and explaining hotel policies and amenities.
- Prepared bills and invoices for guests, accurately calculating charges and processing payments through various payment methods.
- Managed guest requests and inquiries, providing helpful and courteous assistance, and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Received and relayed messages to guests, delivering important information in a timely manner.
Top Porter Resume Skills for 2023
- Cleaning and sanitization techniques
- Floor care and maintenance (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming)
- Waste disposal and recycling management
- Restroom cleaning and restocking
- Furniture arrangement and setup
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and equipment usage
- Inventory control and supply management
- Indoor and outdoor maintenance tasks
- Groundskeeping and landscaping
- Snow removal and ice control (seasonal)
- Minor repairs and maintenance (e.g., changing light bulbs)
- Hazardous material handling and disposal (if applicable)
- Safety procedures and protocols
- Emergency response and crisis management
- Customer service and communication skills
- Attention to detail and cleanliness standards
- Organizational skills and time management
- Polishing and buffing surfaces
- Trash compactor operation and maintenance
- Stain removal techniques
- Window and glass cleaning
- Carpet cleaning and stain removal
- Upholstery cleaning and maintenance
- Use of cleaning tools and equipment (brooms, mops, buffers)
- Compliance with health and safety regulations
- Restocking and inventory management of cleaning supplies
- Knowledge of proper chemical dilution and usage
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Pressure washing and exterior cleaning
- General building maintenance and repairs
- Room setup and teardown for events or meetings
- Lock and key management
- Knowledge of fire safety procedures and equipment
- Effective communication with colleagues and superiors
- Understanding of different surfaces and appropriate cleaning methods
- Knowledge of janitorial and cleaning best practices
- Use of hand and power tools for minor repairs
- Disinfection techniques and protocols
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Understanding of building security procedures
- Ability to handle and report maintenance issues or concerns
- Knowledge of proper lifting and carrying techniques
- Attention to safety hazards and reporting protocols
- Polite and professional demeanor with customers and visitors
- Use of ladder and other elevated work equipment safely
- Knowledge of hazardous material signage and handling procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security
- Adaptability and flexibility in work assignments
How Long Should my Porter Resume be?
Your Porter resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Porter, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.