What do Hiring Managers look for in a PL SQL Developer Resume?
While scanning a PL SQL Developer resume, hiring managers expect to see the following from a good candidate:
- Candidates with experience with Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, and related tools and technologies.
- Ability to optimize database performance and write high-performing PL/SQL code.
- Unix Shell scripting for automating tasks and building efficient workflows.
- Experience with tools like Oracle SQL* Loader and data import/export.
- Relevant certifications, such as the Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate or Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Professional, etc.
How to Write a PL SQL Developer Resume?
To write a professional PL SQL Developer resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right PL SQL Developer resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your PL SQL Developer’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your PL SQL Developer resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a PL SQL Developer.
- List your top PL SQL Developer skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect PL SQL Developer resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current PL SQL Developer to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the PL SQL Developer resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Arturo Miller 696 Rock Maple St. South Lyon, MI 48178 Marital Status: Married, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arturo Miller Miller, Lyon, MI, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
For a PL SQL Developer email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (email@example.com) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional PL SQL Developer Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best PL SQL Developer resume summary:
PL SQL Developer with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
Example Summary for an Oracle PL SQL Developer Resume
Highly skilled and passionate PL/SQL Developer with experience in writing Oracle PLSQL and performing data analysis. Proficient in creating high-performing and well-written PL/SQL codes with a strong attention to detail and quality. Possess nice to have experience with MS SQL Server.
5+ Years Experienced PL SQL Developer Resume Summary Example
PL SQL Developer with 5 years of experience in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Performance tuning, Unix Shell scripting, Oracle Advanced Queues, Jobs, JSON Processing, Oracle SQL Loader, and data import/export. Demonstrated ability to write high-performing and well-written PLSQL with proficiency, quality, and passion.
How to Write a PL SQL Developer Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning PL SQL Developer resume experience section:
- Write your PL SQL Developer work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your PL SQL Developer work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a PL SQL Developer).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
PL SQL Developer Resume Example
PL SQL Developer
- Coordinated with the Canada-based client to address their support-related queries.
- Developed, tested, and documented Oracle PL/SQL codes while adhering to company policies and best practices.
- Managed a team of three individuals in the SLF team and provided support for problem management, incident management, and change management.
- Addressed problem reports (PRs) by modifying existing database packages, procedures, and batches.
- Conducted biweekly and monthly status meetings with the Canada-based client.
Oracle PL SQL Developer Resume Example
Oracle PL SQL Developer
- Developed and implemented complex PL/SQL solutions to meet business requirements.
- Performed data analysis and provided insights to stakeholders to improve data quality.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to design and implement efficient data models.
- Conducted query optimization and performance tuning to enhance system performance.
- Maintained and enhanced existing PL/SQL codebase to ensure system reliability.
- Participated in code reviews and provided constructive feedback to team members.
- Assisted with database administration tasks to ensure smooth operation of systems.
- Conducted quality assurance checks to ensure high-quality PL/SQL code.
Top PL SQL Developer Resume Certifications
- Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Database SQL
- Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Database PL/SQL Developer
- Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Database SQL
- Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Database PL/SQL Developer
Top PL SQL Developer Resume Skills for 2023
- Shell scripting
- Performance tuning
- Advanced queues
- JSON processing
- SQL* Loader
- Data import/export
- Data modeling
- Database design
- Database development
- Database management
- Data warehousing
- Data mining
- Query optimization
- Database optimization
- Stored procedures
- Materialized views
- Database security
- Backup and recovery
- SQL Developer
How Long Should my PL SQL Developer Resume be?
Your PL SQL Developer resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for PL SQL Developer, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.