How to Write a Personal Banker Resume?
To write a professional Personal Banker resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Personal Banker resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Personal Banker’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Personal Banker resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for policies, procedures, and banking sales. Quantify your achievements as a Personal Banker.
- List your top Personal Banker skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Personal Banker resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding a photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Personal Banker related role to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number, and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Personal Banker resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
For a Personal Banker email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (email@example.com) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Personal Banker Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Personal Banker resume summary:
Personal Banker with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a Personal Banker Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Personal Banker resume experience section:
- Write your Personal Banker work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Personal Banker work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Personal Banker).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
Personal Banker Resume Example
Personal Banker, J.P. Morgan Chase
- Primary contact for a diverse set of Chase customers, supporting a wide range of banking needs.
- Process at least 200 financial transactions each business day while also identifying additional opportunities to recommend products and services to customers.
- Make outbound calls to preselected Chase customers.
- Partner with bankers to meet team performance goals.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients.
Personal Banker Resume Example
- Process a variety of secured and unsecured financial products, including vehicle loans, home improvement loans, home equity term loans, lines of credit, consumer credit cards, commercial operating lines, and equipment loans.
- Assisted with lending services by compiling applications and supporting documentation for underwriters and communicating updates with clients maintained a rotating portfolio of 10-15 loans per month, ranging between $5-50M.
- Provided financial counseling for new and existing clients; discussed needs in order to effectively recommend appropriate banking products and further expand relationships; grew overall branch deposits by $24M in 9 months.
- Opened all new accounts for both consumer and business clients, including checking, savings, certificates of deposit, IRA, and safe deposit boxes; cross-sold additional services such as mortgage and treasury products.
Top Personal Banker Resume Skills for 2022
- Loan applications
- Financial services
- Credit analysis
- Customer service
- Account management
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
How Long Should my Personal Banker Resume be?
Your Personal Banker resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
We advise you to keep the resume length to one page to avoid getting rejected.