What Do Hiring Managers Look for in a News Producer Resume
- Proficient in producing and coordinating news segments or programs for television or online platforms.
- Strong knowledge of news gathering, story development, and content creation.
- Skilled in scriptwriting, video editing, and overseeing production teams.
- Ability to research, verify, and fact-check news stories before airing.
- Proficiency in adhering to tight deadlines and delivering engaging and informative news content.
How to Write a News Producer Resume?
To write a professional News Producer resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right News Producer resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your News Producer’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your News Producer resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a News Producer.
- List your top News Producer skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect News Producer resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current News Producer position to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the News Producer resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Rayna 7598 Old Manor St. Saugus, MA 01906 Marital Status: Married, email: email@example.com
Rayna Walton, Saugus, MA, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
For a News Producer email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (firstname.lastname@example.org) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional News Producer Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best News Producer resume summary:
News Producer with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a News Producer Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning News Producer resume experience section:
- Write your News Producer work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your News Producer work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a News Producer).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
News Producer Resume Example
- Developed and organized newscasts, overseeing story development, writing, and showcasing.
- Enhanced show content with graphics, video, and station branding.
- Made live broadcast and editorial decisions during the shows.
- Recognized for strong performance and significant impact on the organization, leading to a promotion from Associate Producer within 6 months.
Digital News Producer Resume Example
Digital News Producer
- As a shift leader, my main role involved covering politics for the BBC website, including current affairs in the Americas and breaking global news.
- Additionally, I managed the business section of the website, creating original exclusive reports, conducting interviews with economic and financial experts, and producing scripts and outlines for in-house videos.
- I collaborated with stringers in the region, assigning them reports to follow up on.
- Moreover, I worked closely with the BBC international newsdesk, sharing regional reports for Americas aimed at an international audience.
Television News Producer Resume Example
Television News Producer
- Reviewed and edited colleagues' scripts to enhance flow and voice.
- Demonstrated composure and calmness in fast-paced, stressful, and dynamic environments, providing effective leadership and achieving desired results.
- Presented production ideas and developed creative scenarios for production and delivery.
Television News Producer & Guest Producer Resume Example
Television News Producer & Guest Producer
- Directed news production with an organized approach, delivering cohesive sequences to audiences.
- Increased audience numbers through improved marketing strategies within budget targets.
- Coordinated and supported anchors, videographers, and engineering staff.
- Strategically managed stories and coverage to deliver informative and relevant content.
- Ensured factual accuracy of news stories to maintain viewer confidence.
News Producer, Assignment Editor Resume Example
News Producer, Assignment Editor
- Oversee the production of on-air newscasts.
- Supervise and manage the newsroom operations.
- Assign stories to reporters and provide necessary sources.
- Edit and approve written scripts for broadcast.
- Generate compelling story ideas for news coverage.
- Direct and coordinate newsroom activities.
Executive News Producer Resume Example
Executive News Producer
- Translated creative ideas from design to concept, ensuring satisfaction for six news channels worldwide with 5 million daily views.
- Oversaw all departments, including writing, studio crew, news team, and anchors, within tight deadlines from pre-production to distribution.
- Managed lineup scheduling and prompter script writing.
- Took charge of chief editing the daily newscast in the studio.
- Sourced visuals and music for individual stories and segments.
- Performed various tasks such as writing, video graphing, directing, and editing promotional content.
- Designed graphics for website and social media content.
News Producer Resume Example
- Effectively manage a diverse team of 50 individuals to deliver up-to-date news under high pressure and tight deadlines.
- Organize and allocate necessary resources, including budget, vehicles, and materials, to facilitate news coverage.
- Serve as a liaison between the chief editors of newsrooms and the journalists.
- Establish contacts and sources to facilitate news production and verify the accuracy of storytelling.
- Coordinate and supervise a team of 10-12 interns to contribute to the news production process.
Top News Producer Resume Skills for 2023
- Time Management
- Breaking News
- News Gathering
- Live Reporting
- Social Media
- Critical Thinking
- News Judgment
- News Analysis
- Graphic Design
- Visual Storytelling
- Newsroom Management
- Broadcasting Standards
- News Editing
- Media Ethics
- News Sourcing
- Newsroom Software
- Video Editing
- Interview Techniques
- Audience Engagement
How Long Should my News Producer Resume be?
Your News Producer resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for News Producer, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.