How to Write a Licensed Professional Counselor Resume?
To write a professional Licensed Professional Counselor resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Licensed Professional Counselor resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Licensed Professional Counselor’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Licensed Professional Counselor resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a Licensed Professional Counselor.
- List your top Licensed Professional Counselor skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Licensed Professional Counselor resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Licensed Professional Counselor to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Licensed Professional Counselor resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Deon 9 W. Wakehurst St. Mount Vernon, NY 10550 Marital Status: Married, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deon Nguyen, Mount Vernon, NY, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
For a Licensed Professional Counselor email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (email@example.com) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Licensed Professional Counselor Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Licensed Professional Counselor resume summary:
Licensed Professional Counselor with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a Licensed Professional Counselor Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Licensed Professional Counselor resume experience section:
- Write your Licensed Professional Counselor work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Licensed Professional Counselor work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Licensed Professional Counselor).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor Resume Example
CEO and Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor
- Provide marital, couple, and individual counseling in a private counseling setting.
- Collaborate with families, staff and other caregivers to understand and respond effectively to a child's mental health needs.
- Treat depression, anxiety, grief, personal growth, self-esteem, adolescent issues, relationship issues, parenting/step-parenting, and family counseling.
- Clinical Specialties: Couple/Marriage Counseling, Adolescent and Quarterlife, boundary setting, assertiveness and Imposter Syndrome.
Licensed Professional Counselor Resume Example
Licensed Professional Counselor
- Services Provided:
- Intake Assessments
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Risk Assessment
- Crisis Intervention
Licensed Professional Counselor Resume Example
Licensed Professional Counselor (Practicum)
- Provide counseling to diverse populations including Severe Mentally ill, Homeless, Substance Abuse, Adjustment Disorder, Trauma victims, Bipolar Disorder, Paranoid Schizophrenia, Schizoid-Effective Disorder, ADHD. Anxiety Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Chronic Pain, and Autism, at various locations: Jesus House, OKC Compassion Sober Living Agency, Oklahoma City Juvenile Bureau & the City Rescue.
- Helping these clients with Motivational Interviewing, Strength Based, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Trauma Informed techniques, and Crisis Diversion Strategies.
Top Licensed Professional Counselor Resume Skills for 2022
- Core Competencies
- Community Involvement
- Hospice Volunteer
- Internet management skills
- Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Counseling skillset
How Long Should my Licensed Professional Counselor Resume be?
Your Licensed Professional Counselor resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Licensed Professional Counselor, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.