What Do Hiring Managers Look for in a Lead Hostess Resume
- Proficient in supervising and coordinating hostess staff to ensure smooth and efficient restaurant operations.
- Strong knowledge of guest relations, reservation systems, and seating arrangements.
- Skilled in greeting and seating guests, managing waitlists, and accommodating special requests.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints, handle difficult situations, and maintain a positive dining experience.
- Proficiency in communicating effectively with the restaurant management and staff to ensure excellent service.
How to Write a Lead Hostess Resume?
To write a professional Lead Hostess resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Lead Hostess resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Lead Hostess’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Lead Hostess resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a Lead Hostess.
- List your top Lead Hostess skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Lead Hostess resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Hostess position to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Lead Hostess resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Joey 167 Hamilton Drive Phillipsburg, NJ 08865 Marital Status: Married, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joey Campos, Phillipsburg, NJ, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
For a Lead Hostess email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (email@example.com) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Lead Hostess Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Lead Hostess resume summary:
Lead Hostess with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a Lead Hostess Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Lead Hostess resume experience section:
- Write your Lead Hostess work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Lead Hostess work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Lead Hostess).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
Lead Hostess + Waitress Resume Example
Lead Hostess + Waitress
- Collaborated effectively as a member of a large team, providing assistance to fellow coworkers in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Acquired leadership skills and successfully led a team of up to 10 coworkers to deliver service to high standards.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities, promptly and professionally resolving various challenges that arose during meal services.
Lead Hostess Resume Example
- Ensured positive guest experiences by efficiently managing information and facilitating prompt seating.
- Handled reservations and to-go orders over the phone, providing accurate wait times and addressing customer inquiries.
- Assigned suitable tables based on patrons' needs and restaurant section rotation.
- Assisted customers with questions regarding hours, seating, and menu details.
- Supported servers, food runners, and bussers in maintaining a prepared dining area for every guest.
- Utilized cash registers and credit card machines for customer transactions.
- Effectively addressed guest and employee complaints, prioritizing complete customer satisfaction and workforce efficiency.
- Maintained open communication with the kitchen team to assess cooking times, prevent worker overload, and minimize customer dissatisfaction.
- Documented reservations, notified servers and managers of large groups, and prepared seating arrangements accordingly.
- Fostered loyal clientele by delivering exceptional service throughout the restaurant dining experience.
- Assisted both front-of-house and back-of-house staff in preparing for events to ensure seamless execution and maximize guest satisfaction.
Lead Hostess/Expo Resume Example
- Warmly greets and welcomes customers upon arrival.
- Guides customers to their tables and manages seating arrangements.
- Keeps track of seating availability and informs customers about wait times.
- Ensures tables are promptly cleaned and prepared after use.
- Handles phone calls for reservations and to-go orders.
- Expresses gratitude to customers when they leave.
- Ensures timely completion of table orders.
- Maintains quality control by checking food temperature and plate presentation.
- Coordinates and oversees the activities of kitchen runners and waiters.
Lead Hostess Resume Example
- Conduct five-day training sessions to educate hostesses on proper guest etiquette and communication.
- Collaborate with restaurant staff to deliver competent and efficient service to guests.
- Interact with approximately 150 customers per shift, utilizing personable communication skills.
- Skillfully address and resolve complaints in a fast-paced setting to ensure guests' comfort and encourage repeat visits.
Lead Hostess Resume Example
- Managed phone calls and utilized Open Table for reservation bookings.
- Coordinated restaurant and banquet seatings efficiently.
- Organized the restaurant and hostess stand for smooth operations.
- Warmly greeted and welcomed customers.
- Collaborated closely with management and peers to ensure seamless restaurant operations.
Top Lead Hostess Resume Skills for 2023
- Customer service and guest relations
- Greeting and welcoming guests
- Reservation management
- Seating coordination and table assignment
- Knowledge of the restaurant layout and capacity
- Handling guest inquiries and requests
- Handling guest complaints and concerns
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Managing the host/hostess team
- Training and mentoring new host/hostess staff
- Scheduling and shift coordination
- Communicating with servers and kitchen staff
- Handling special requests and accommodations
- Managing the guest waiting list
- Organizing and maintaining the reservation book
- Handling phone calls and taking reservations
- Coordinating with the floor manager and restaurant management
- Ensuring a smooth flow of guests in the dining area
- Knowledge of restaurant menus and specials
- Upselling and promoting restaurant offerings
- Handling cash and processing payments
- Resolving seating conflicts and managing walk-ins
- Adhering to health and safety regulations
- Multitasking and managing multiple guest requests
- Maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor
- Following restaurant service standards
- Knowledge of VIP guests and regular patrons
- Memorizing guest names and preferences
- Ensuring a clean and organized host/hostess station
- Monitoring restaurant occupancy and pacing
- Coordinating with the kitchen for food preparation times
- Collaborating with servers to manage table turnover
- Organizing special events or private dining arrangements
- Handling coat check services (if applicable)
- Knowledge of the reservation and point-of-sale system
- Training on COVID-19 safety protocols and practices
- Working with the floor manager to manage guest flow during peak hours
- Resolving conflicts between guests and staff
- Monitoring restaurant cleanliness and ambiance
- Implementing seating rotation policies
- Handling guest loyalty programs or rewards
- Assisting with special guest celebrations (e.g., birthdays, anniversaries)
- Communicating with the kitchen on guest dietary preferences or restrictions
- Assisting with coordinating large group reservations
- Knowledge of local attractions and events for guest recommendations
How Long Should my Lead Hostess Resume be?
Your Lead Hostess resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Lead Hostess, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.