How to Write a Journeyman Resume?
To write a professional Journeyman resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Journeyman resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Journeyman’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Journeyman resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a Journeyman.
- List your top Journeyman skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Journeyman resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Journeyman to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Journeyman resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Marques 7600 W. Bay Meadows Avenue Rochester, NY 14606 Marital Status: Married, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marques Branch, Rochester, NY, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
For a Journeyman email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (email@example.com) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Journeyman Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Journeyman resume summary:
Journeyman with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
Example of a Journeyman Electrician Resume Summary
As an Electrician, I currently work with a team of 3 including a lead, myself, and an apprentice. I am confident in my ability to assemble and install lighting in various settings such as parking lots, neighborhoods, street ways, and shopping centers. I have a strong track record in pulling and splicing street line wire and providing temporary power by hooking up panel work.
Example Summary for a Journeyman Maintenance Resume
Journeyman with a proven track record of troubleshooting and repairing a wide range of conveying equipment, gas and related equipment, water-related equipment, and plant equipment, including raw mills, coal mills, blend silos, preheat towers, kilns, coolers, baghouses, and finish mill systems.
How to Write a Journeyman Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Journeyman resume experience section:
- Write your Journeyman work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Journeyman work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Journeyman).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
Journeyman Electrician Resume Example
- Checked Phone/CTV wiring & Installation.
- Installed underground Conduit.
- Programmed and installed Lighting Controllers. Service, Conduit, Emergency Back-Up Generator.
- Wired at Big Box Stores including Lowes, Menards, Governmental Buildings, Schools, Restaurants, Etc.
Journeyman Ironworker Resume Example
- Spaced and fasten together rods in forms according to instructions on tablet.
- Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric, using hooked rods, and position fabric or mesh in concrete to reinforce concrete.
- Placed reinforcing bars and connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
- Positioned and secure steel bars, rods, cables, or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines and hand tools.
- Dismantled structures or equipment.
- Tensioning of slabs concrete's tendons, also beams concrete.
- Loaded and unloaded steel beams, columns, decking and re-bar at job site or lay down yards for storage, cables, or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines and hand tools.
Network Journeyman Resume Example
- Entered and updated the configuration and administrative changes in the configuration management database.
- Identified and allocated building components, modules, ports, virtual interfaces, and/or cross-connections
- Maintained non-conforming circuit list for those circuits that do not have a viable technical solution available.
- Assumed overall "Service Delivery" responsibility and actively facilitated resolution of identified impediments from service order initiation through final completion.
- Worked in storefront to design and develop the circuit during the Order Entry phase.
Journeyman Resume Example
- Conduct inbound and outbound train terminal freight car safety, mechanical, and air brake system inspections in accordance with operational rules and guidelines.
- Welding, fabrication, freight car jacking, cranes, forklifts, hydraulic cushioning unit charging/discharging, and pneumatics.
- Self-educate and maintain industry specific repair methodology and practices.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve in a timely manner.
- Conduct freight car inspections in accordance to regulator's guidelines and standards practices.
- Perform scheduled or demand freight car mechanical repairs and air brake system maintenance per compliance standards.
Aircraft Hydraulic Journeyman Resume Example
Aircraft Hydraulic Journeyman
- Examine and inspect aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, for breaks, leaks, or other problems.
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance.
- Conduct routine and special inspections as required by regulations.
- Inspect completed work to certify that maintenance meets standards and that aircraft are ready for operation.
Journeyman Resume Example
- Hydro testing piping systems and equipment before putting them back in service.
- Replace various types of valves such as control valves, gate valves, check valves, and butterfly valves.
- Isolate systems by rolling blinds and double blocking valves..
- Removing and installing pumps and compressors.
- Remove pressure relief valves and sight glasses for annual maintenance.
Aerospace Maintenance Journeyman Resume Example
Aerospace Maintenance Journeyman
- Perform letter checks on the airframe, perform the duties of a flight line crew chief including: LOX, refuel, and coordinating with other shops to ensure all maintenance is completed and keep aircraft in FMC status.
- Inspection, repair, replacement, and adjustment of all primary and secondary flight controls and landing gear components.
- Inspection, repair, replacement, and overhaul of C-130 nose and main landing gear wheels and tires. Wheel and tire supply point sustainment.
Journeyman Wireman Resume Example
- Completing records on work progress.
- Driving to various different work sites.
- Responsible for the work and progress of up to 3 other Journeymen, as well as overseeing their on-the-job training.
- Installing, repairing, and troubleshooting electrical systems in commercial and industrial buildings.
- Frequent communication with customers on the progress of work, as well as explaining processes to them.
- Coordinating with other trades on site to ensure proper planning and routing of installations.
Journeyman Resume Example
- Rigging and crane set up.
- Used oxygen settling torch.
- Metal preparation.
- Tig, mig, arc, structural, plate steel, stainless steel, and all mild steel welding.
- Precipitators and catalysts for power plants and paper mills.
Journeyman Welder Resume Example
- All year millwright for company shut downs in multiple locations
- Precipitators for power plants and paper mills
- Maintenance and mig, tig, arc, mild steel, structural, and plate welding duties
- Rigging and crane set up
- Obtained 10 hour OSHA Certification
- Used oxygen settling torch
- Metal preparation
Journeyman Resume Example
- Received Comtrain Certification
- Mounted antennas to towers
- Demolition of old towers and built new towers
- Dish siting, run coax, weatherproofing
Top Journeyman Resume Skills for 2023
How Long Should my Journeyman Resume be?
Your Journeyman resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Journeyman, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.