What do Hiring Managers look for in an Information Technology Instructor Resume?
While scanning a Information Technology Instructor resume, hiring managers expect to see the following from a good candidate:
- Candidates who have experience teaching IT courses.
- A degree in information technology.
- Candidates who have a deep understanding of the IT field, including programming languages, database management, etc.
- Ability to develop innovative teaching methods and engage students.
- Experience designing and delivering course content.
- Your commitment to ongoing professional development and staying up-to-date on emerging technologies.
How to Write a Information Technology Instructor Resume?
To write a professional Information Technology Instructor resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Information Technology Instructor resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Information Technology Instructor’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Information Technology Instructor resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as an Information Technology Instructor.
- List your top Information Technology Instructor skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Information Technology Instructor resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Information Technology Instructor to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Information Technology Instructor resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Lillian 90 Foster Ave. Peabody, MA 01960 Marital Status: Married, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lillian Flynn, Peabody, MA, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
For a Information Technology Instructor email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (email@example.com) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Information Technology Instructor Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Information Technology Instructor resume summary:
Information Technology Instructor with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
Example Summary for a Information Technology Instructor Resume
Experienced Information Technology Instructor with a demonstrated history of designing and implementing high-quality syllabi for Frontend Web Development and CompTIA+ courses. Skilled in curating external content sources and applying educational techniques to create engaging and effective learning experiences.
Information Technology Instructor Resume Summary Example
Dedicated Information Technology Instructor with experience in answering phones, scheduling appointments, and addressing patient questions. Skilled in coordinating referrals, resources, and pre-authorizations, while providing exceptional patient care. Proficient in documentation and communication within the appropriate system.
How to Write a Information Technology Instructor Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Information Technology Instructor resume experience section:
- Write your Information Technology Instructor work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Information Technology Instructor work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Information Technology Instructor).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
CompTIA+ Information Technology Instructor Resume Example
CompTIA+ Information Technology Instructor
- Worked directly with the curriculum to create a syllabus outline and curated external content sources to create engaging course content for Frontend Web Development and CompTIA+ courses.
- Applied educational techniques and philosophies to design a first-in-class syllabus that taught current concepts in IT.
- Collaborated with other instructors to ensure consistency across courses and create a comprehensive learning experience for students.
- Utilized a variety of teaching methods and techniques to engage and challenge students, including hands-on projects and group work.
- Maintained accurate records of student progress and provided feedback to students to promote continuous learning.
Information Technology Instructor Resume Example
Information Technology Instructor
- Participate in developing the curriculum and producing high-quality teaching resources and aids.
- Maintain before and after test data and student records.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel to categorize exam results to develop and improve students' performance.
- Training modules included Databases, Business Document, Knowledge Management System, Operational Procedures for ITS, Validate quality and Auditing, MOS, Excel skills for business, Web technologies, Mathematics.
- Analyze trends in students' datasets to identify current issues.
Top Information Technology Instructor Resume Skills for 2023
- Technical expertise
- Programming languages
- Database management
- Cloud computing
- System administration
- Web development
- Mobile app development
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
- Data analysis
- Project management
- Curriculum design
- Instructional design
- Lesson planning
- Classroom management
- Active listening
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking
- Continuous learning
Top Information Technology Instructor Resume Certifications
- CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)
- Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI)
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 11 Developer
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- VMware Certified Instructor (VCI)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Google Certified Educator Level 1
- Apple Teacher Certification
How Long Should my Information Technology Instructor Resume be?
Your Information Technology Instructor resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Information Technology Instructor, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.