What Do Hiring Managers Look for in a Grant Writer Resume
How to Write a Grant Writer Resume?
To write a professional Grant Writer resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Grant Writer resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Grant Writer’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Grant Writer resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a Grant Writer.
- List your top Grant Writer skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Grant Writer resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Grant writing position to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Grant Writer resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Marques 696 Rock Maple St. South Lyon, MI 48178 Marital Status: Married, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marques Branch, Lyon, MI, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
For a Grant Writer email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (email@example.com) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Grant Writer Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Grant Writer resume summary:
Grant Writer with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a Grant Writer Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Grant Writer resume experience section:
- Write your Grant Writer work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Grant Writer work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Grant Writer).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
Grant Writer Resume Example
- An altruistic learning and rejuvenation hub along with a housing complex that champions and nurtures revolutionary and inventive educational initiatives aimed at fostering a fairer and harmonious global environment.
- Devised and carried out a comprehensive tri-phase strategy for securing grants for the Empowerment Through Faith program.
- Assisted the Executive Coordinator in shaping program evolution and devising strategic directives.
- Oversaw the donor information repository, benefactor contribution portal, fundraising undertakings, and amplified communication channels for the Campus.
Scientific and Grant Writer Resume Example
Scientific and Grant Writer
- Contributed to the formulation of the annual grant and operational strategy for a variety of Workforce Development and Foundation programs.
- Prepared 8 novel federal grant proposals with a combined value of $12 million, directed towards Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and the U.S Department of Labor. These proposals aimed to strengthen clinical and workforce development initiatives.
- Successfully composed and secured a significant $4.8 million grant designated for the implementation of autonomous temperature screening devices across all long-term care facilities in Newland. The grant aimed to mitigate the transmission and exposure of COVID-19 among residents.
- Skillfully crafted and obtained a $900,000 grant sanctioned by the Department of Labor & Economic Opportunity in Montania. This grant aimed to support the creation and management of healthcare apprenticeship programs benefiting the local workforce.
- Conducted diligent research into untapped grant and funding opportunities while fostering connections and collaborations with influential stakeholders.
- Led the establishment of a collaborative project involving EdjAnalytics, a local data analytics firm situated in Summitville, and Care.ai, an AI company, to collaboratively enhance the quality of patient care within our facilities.
- Developed and implemented Microsoft Power BI and Salesforce reports to effectively monitor Foundation funding distribution and evaluate employee performance.
Grant Writer and Database Administrator Resume Example
Grant Writer and Database Administrator
- Drafted, researched, and submitted grants to corporate organizations, family foundations, and federal entities
- Managed CharityProud, Altru, and Shopify donation databases to compile weekly and monthly reports and track contributed revenue
- Managed sponsorships and corporate outreach programs in order to increase museum membership
Grant Writer and Administrator Resume Example
Grant Writer and Administrator
- Conducted comprehensive grant research and composition for corporate enterprises, family foundations, and government bodies.
- Orchestrated the oversight of CharityProud, Altru, and Shopify donation databases, facilitating the compilation of reports and meticulous tracking of contributed revenue.
- Spearheaded sponsorship endeavors and corporate outreach initiatives, strategically aimed at augmenting museum membership.
Freelance Grant Writer Resume Example
Freelance Grant Writer
- Budget Writing
- Technical Writing
- Project Management
Top Grant Writer Resume Skills for 2023
- Research Skills
- Proposal Writing
- Grant Application Development
- Needs Assessment
- Project Budgeting
- Funding Source Identification
- Writing Persuasive Content
- Editing and Proofreading
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Grant Proposal Review
- Nonprofit Compliance Knowledge
- Program Evaluation
- Grant Tracking and Reporting
- Writing Clear Objectives
- Collaboration and Communication
- Nonprofit Sector Knowledge
- Financial Reporting
- Grant Proposal Formatting
- Time Management
- Government Grant Application
- Private Foundation Grant Application
- Writing Impact Statements
- Logic Model Creation
- Grant Reporting Metrics
- Evaluation Metrics
- Partnership Development
- Community Needs Identification
- Sustainability Planning
- Outcome Measurement
- Budget Justification
- Project Narrative Writing
- Effective Communication
- Writing for Diverse Audiences
- Program Development
- Researching Regulations
- Database Utilization
- Fundraising Strategies
- Market Research for Funding Opportunities
- Compliance Documentation
- Strategic Planning
- Storytelling Techniques
- Conflict Resolution
- Problem Solving
- Creative Thinking
- Data Interpretation
- Proposal Submission
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Proposal Evaluation Criteria
- Continuous Learning and Improvement
How Long Should my Grant Writer Resume be?
Your Grant Writer resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Grant Writer, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.