What Do Hiring Managers Look for in a Financial Analyst Internship Resume
- Proficient in supporting financial analysis and reporting activities as part of an internship program.
- Strong knowledge of financial modeling, data analysis, and spreadsheet tools.
- Skilled in assisting with budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis.
- Ability to prepare financial reports, presentations, and recommendations for management.
- Proficiency in learning and applying financial concepts and principles in real-world scenarios.
How to Write a Financial Analyst Internship Resume?
To write a professional Financial Analyst Internship resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Financial Analyst Internship resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Financial Analyst Internship’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Financial Analyst Internship resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a Financial Analyst Intern.
- List your top Financial Analyst Internship skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Financial Analyst Internship resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Financial Analyst Intern position to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Financial Analyst Internship resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Daniel 7598 Old Manor St. Saugus, MA 01906 Marital Status: Married, email: email@example.com
Daniel Gilbert, Saugus, MA, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
For a Financial Analyst Internship email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (firstname.lastname@example.org) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Financial Analyst Internship Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Financial Analyst Internship resume summary:
Financial Analyst Internship with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a Financial Analyst Internship Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Financial Analyst Internship resume experience section:
- Write your Financial Analyst Internship work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Financial Analyst Internship work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Financial Analyst Internship).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
Financial Analyst Internship Resume Example
Financial Analyst Internship
- Contributed to the Business Management team, providing support to different sectors of the bank to optimize their operations in areas such as cost management, budgeting, and technology implementation.
- Applied university-acquired skills to automate a previously manual cost tracking process.
- Received an outstanding performance review at the end of the internship, showcasing analytical, networking, and adaptability skills.
Top Financial Analyst Internship Resume Skills for 2023
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Microsoft Office
- Market Research
- Financial Statements
- Industry Analysis
- Cash Flow
- Risk Management
- Trend Analysis
- Financial Planning
- Financial Reporting
- Cost Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Financial Ratios
- Statistical Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Portfolio Management
- Corporate Finance
- Business Strategy
- Financial Modeling
- Market Trends
- Risk Assessment
- Market Analysis
- Corporate Valuation
- Financial Markets
- Investment Analysis
- Excel Modeling
How Long Should my Financial Analyst Internship Resume be?
Your Financial Analyst Internship resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Financial Analyst Internship, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.