What Do Hiring Managers Look for in an Ehs Manager Resume
- Proficient in managing environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs and initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of EHS regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Skilled in conducting risk assessments, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance and identify areas for improvement.
- Ability to develop and implement safety policies, procedures, and training programs to promote a safe work environment.
- Proficiency in incident investigation and root cause analysis, implementing corrective actions to prevent future incidents.
How to Write an Ehs Manager Resume?
To write a professional Ehs Manager resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Ehs Manager resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Ehs Manager’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Ehs Manager resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as an Ehs Manager.
- List your top Ehs Manager skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Ehs Manager resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Ehs Management position to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Ehs Manager resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Omari 7704 Clay St. Huntley, IL 60142 Marital Status: Married, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Omari Hester, Huntley, IL, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
For a Ehs Manager email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (email@example.com) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Ehs Manager Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Ehs Manager resume summary:
Ehs Manager with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a Ehs Manager Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Ehs Manager resume experience section:
- Write your Ehs Manager work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Ehs Manager work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Ehs Manager).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
EHS Manager & Process Safety engineer Resume Example
EHS Manager & Process Safety engineer
- Implemented high risk maturity models for Process Safety guidelines and protocols within a 6-month timeframe.
- Led the Greenfield site Exit process in compliance with Global EHS standards and State pollution control board regulations.
- Utilized the Bow-tie model to classify Hazardous zones and enhance risk awareness across the site.
- Developed Risk Assessment procedures and Audit management protocols aligned with EHS Standards.
- Fostered a Living Safety culture throughout the site by conducting coaching and mentoring sessions with Site leadership teams.
Assistant EHS Manager Resume Example
Assistant EHS Manager
- Awareness of HSE systems to all employees via Inductions & Trainings as well as during Inspections
- Training and Inductions
- Giving inductions to all site personnel's including & conducting site TBT about HSE Plans/Checklists/Risk Assessments.
- Ensuring all trainings is conducted to all workers & Staffs based upon their job requirement.
- Ensuring documentation of all conducted trainings.
- Health, Safety & Environment Management System (HSE) Management And Control
- Assists in implementing & monitoring of HSE system and related procedures at project level
- Assists in comply of project HSE policy.
- Maintaining good coordination & relationship with Client's team in HSE matters.
- Stopping any activity that may leads to major incidents & ensuring corrective measures taken.
EHS Manager Resume Example
- Maintain liaison with outside organizations, peer companies and agencies as necessary to assure compliance and communication in areas of emergency response, mutual aid, regulatory bodies, professional societies, and industrial groups.
- Prepare, coordinate and present environmental, safety and industrial hygiene, process safety, emergency response and/or security training as needed.
- Lead site and/or local area audits for compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Company period and preparation for upcoming further external engagements and focus and diligence on execution of Spin while enabling strong business continuity and performance for Organon.
- Provide direction and leadership to direct reports.
- Mentor EHS professionals to build leadership and technical skills to improve individual performances.
- Lead operations leaders to enable them to successfully discharge their leadership responsibilities for safety and environment.
- Responsible with site departments and contacts to integrate safety and environmental management systems into every phase of their operations, as measured by performance metrics.
EHS Manager Resume Example
- Developed solutions for emerging environmental compliance issues, ensuring all environmental reporting requirements were met and maintaining beneficial relationships with state and local agencies.
- Ensured compliance with relevant legislation and educated employees on EHS procedures and regulations.
- Investigated and reported incidents, closing out action plans within agreed timeframes, and maintained effective communication with Project Manager to facilitate project completion.
- Generated monthly regional EHS reports and shared them with the regional EHS team and management. Managed a team of 1000 employees, overseeing hiring, training, and professional development.
- Promoted the use of safer work equipment, materials, and supplies. Managed EHS staff and contractors to provide support in safety concerns, regulatory tracking, advocacy, risk mitigation, and technical training.
EHS Manager Resume Example
- Managed safety, health, fire protection, ergonomic, and industrial hygiene programs for over 1,400 employees across multiple union facilities.
- Implemented a Photo Inspection system to assess safety performance and track progress.
- Delivered safety training to plant leadership, managers, and supervisors.
- Utilized an ergonomic assessment tool to evaluate and mitigate risk factors associated with cumulative trauma disorders.
- Conducted training sessions on forklift operation, lockout/tag out, hazmat, ergonomic practices, fire protection, and emergency response for employees at various locations.
- Prepared and managed an annual department budget of $980,000 to support safety initiatives.
- Achieved a significant reduction in lost time injuries by 87% and recordable injuries by 74% within a span of 5 years.
Top Ehs Manager Resume Skills for 2023
- Occupational health and safety regulations compliance
- Environmental regulations compliance
- Risk assessment and management
- Hazard identification and mitigation
- Incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Emergency preparedness and response planning
- Safety training and education programs development
- Environmental impact assessment and management
- Safety culture development and promotion
- Job hazard analysis
- Environmental monitoring and sampling
- Occupational health and industrial hygiene
- Ergonomics assessment and control
- Behavior-based safety programs
- Safety inspections and audits
- Safety data analysis and reporting
- Chemical management and hazardous materials handling
- Permitting and regulatory compliance
- Environmental sustainability practices
- Risk control and hazard elimination strategies
- Safety program development and implementation
- Contractor safety management
- Incident reporting and recordkeeping
- Machine guarding and equipment safety
- Safety committee coordination
- Process safety management (PSM)
- Fire prevention and protection
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) selection and usage
- Safety signage and labeling standards
- Electrical safety
- Confined space entry and rescue
- Radiation safety
- Noise exposure assessment and control
- Fall protection and prevention
- Respiratory protection
- Safety-related training program development
- Safety performance metrics and KPIs tracking
- Environmental permit applications and compliance
- Contractor prequalification and management
- Incident trend analysis and prevention
- Environmental reporting and documentation
- Root cause analysis methodologies
- Ergonomics program development and implementation
- Process improvement and efficiency
- Health and safety regulatory knowledge
- Environmental sustainability metrics tracking
- Waste management and recycling programs
- Emergency evacuation planning and drills
How Long Should my Ehs Manager Resume be?
Your Ehs Manager resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Ehs Manager, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.