What Do Hiring Managers Look for in a Doorman Resume
- Proficient in providing security and concierge services at building entrances.
- Strong knowledge of building rules, regulations, and visitor protocols.
- Skilled in greeting and assisting residents and guests with their needs.
- Ability to monitor building access, screen visitors, and maintain a safe and welcoming environment.
- Proficiency in handling packages, deliveries, and other concierge services as required.
How to Write a Doorman Resume?
To write a professional Doorman resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Doorman resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Doorman’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Doorman resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a Doorman.
- List your top Doorman skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Doorman resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Doorman position to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Doorman resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Camren 682 Fifth St. South Plainfield, NJ 07080 Marital Status: Married, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Camren Jacobs, Plainfield, NJ, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
For a Doorman email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (email@example.com) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Doorman Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Doorman resume summary:
Doorman with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a Doorman Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Doorman resume experience section:
- Write your Doorman work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Doorman work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Doorman).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
Bellman/Doorman Resume Example
- Acted as a frontline for hotel service, specifically handling luggage loading and storage for guests.
- Conducted hotel room deliveries for guests and performed room checks on behalf of the Front Desk.
- Responded to guest inquiries regarding directions, amenities, and local attractions.
Porter/weekend Doorman Resume Example
- Provided residential building cleaning services.
- Swept and mopped hallways and stairs.
- Took care of garbage disposal.
- Sorted and distributed mail.
- Greeted and assisted tenants and visitors with their needs.
Security Guard/Doorman Resume Example
- Monitored and authorized the entrance and departure of vehicles, cargo trucks, and visitors.
- Oversaw and authorized employee entry and exit.
- Reported incidents of property damage, theft, unauthorized individuals, and unusual occurrences.
- Ensured the security of all doors in the office and main building after hours.
- Performed event security duties and also served as nightclub security staff.
Concierge/Doorman Resume Example
- Interact with residents, guests, and colleagues in a gracious, attentive, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Confidently and cordially greet all residents and guests upon entering the property.
- Communicate resident concerns to property management and Related's Corporate Office.
- Monitor security systems and cameras, conduct property inspections for vandalism, damage, and safety, and promptly report any incidents or damages to property management for attention and repair.
- Keep accurate records of incoming and outgoing packages and deliveries.
- Maintain complete and accurate shift notes and "pass-on" logs to ensure effective communication during shift changes.
- Follow emergency procedures as specified in the property manual.
Top Doorman Resume Skills for 2023
- Customer service and hospitality
- Greeting and welcoming guests
- Effective communication with residents and visitors
- Security awareness and monitoring
- Access control and visitor registration
- Handling packages and deliveries
- Concierge services
- Knowledge of building amenities and facilities
- Assisting with luggage and belongings
- Handling inquiries and providing information
- Enforcing building rules and policies
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Emergency response and crisis management
- Maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor
- Multitasking and time management
- Attention to detail in recording information
- Monitoring surveillance cameras (if applicable)
- Providing directions and assistance to guests
- Identifying and reporting suspicious activities
- Coordinating with building staff and management
- Fire safety and evacuation procedures
- Assisting residents with transportation arrangements
- Handling vehicle parking and valet services (if applicable)
- First aid and CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) knowledge
- Assisting with special events and functions
- Managing the flow of people in and out of the building
- Maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the entrance area
- Knowledge of local attractions and points of interest
- Handling access cards and keys for residents
- Providing exceptional customer service experiences
- Conflict de-escalation and maintaining a calm demeanor in stressful situations
- Handling inquiries and requests via phone or intercom
- Coordinating with security personnel and emergency responders
- Basic computer skills for logging and recording information
- Following building security and safety protocols
- Basic understanding of building systems (e.g., HVAC, elevators)
- Providing assistance to residents with disabilities or special needs
- Knowledge of building evacuation routes and emergency procedures
- Working in a team environment with other doormen or building staff
- Identifying and reporting maintenance or safety issues
- Handling mail and package deliveries securely
- Responding to resident complaints or concerns with empathy and professionalism
- Assisting with move-ins and move-outs
How Long Should my Doorman Resume be?
Your Doorman resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Doorman, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.