How to Write a College Instructor Resume?
To write a professional College Instructor resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right College Instructor resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your College Instructor’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your College Instructor resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a College Instructor.
- List your top College Instructor skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect College Instructor resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current College Instructor to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the College Instructor resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Omari 9 W. Wakehurst St. Mount Vernon, NY 10550 Marital Status: Married, email: email@example.com
Omari Hester, Mount Vernon, NY, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
For a College Instructor email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (firstname.lastname@example.org) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional College Instructor Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best College Instructor resume summary:
College Instructor with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a College Instructor Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning College Instructor resume experience section:
- Write your College Instructor work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your College Instructor work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a College Instructor).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
College Instructor Resume Example
- Continually fostered the notion that all opinions and ideas matter.
- Evaluated student performances, assignments and classwork.
- Worked with diverse students and successfully contributed to the department's mission.
Community College Instructor
‣ Teach culinary arts, nutrition, food safety and sanitation, and hospitality management short courses at community colleges on a part-time basis for several more years.
Full-time College Instructor Resume Example
Full-time College Instructor
- Taught Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Environmental Science, Anatomy, Physiology, and Microbiology to high school students.
- Served as a Science Fair Adviser to high school students.
- Guided and motivated students to achieve demanding targets under tight deadlines.
- Determined readiness of written pieces, made changes and approved final versions of research projects ready for presentation.
- Edited at least 10 research projects of high school students.
College Instructor Resume Example
- Facilitated class discussions and debates by asking open-ended questions and using techniques to track student participation and actively solicit input for History and Social Studies courses.
- Utilized various learning modalities and support materials to enhance the learning process and accentuate presentations, including visual, aural and experiential learning modalities.
- Assessed quizzes, tests, projects, and assignments to provide students with timely academic progress information and feedback for Science and Mathematics courses.
- Supervised and evaluated student activities and performance levels to provide reports on academic progress for Physical Education and Health courses.
- Developed lesson plans for Music and Fine Arts courses, modifying throughout the year to meet time constraints and specific interests of the class.
Top College Instructor Resume Skills for 2023
- Analytical skills
- Computer proficiency
- Mathematics and Physics tutoring/teaching
- Technical research
- Technical writing and editing
- Critique Writing
- Data Analysis and Encoding
- Database: ADS
How Long Should my College Instructor Resume be?
Your College Instructor resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for College Instructor, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.