What Do Hiring Managers Look for in a Business Analyst Internship Resume
- Analytical skills: Possesses strong analytical skills to gather and analyze data, identify patterns, and extract insights that contribute to informed decision-making and problem-solving.
- Communication skills: Effectively communicates findings and recommendations to team members and stakeholders, both verbally and in written reports, ensuring clear and concise delivery of information.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn: Demonstrates the ability to quickly adapt to new environments, technologies, and methodologies, and is eager to learn and acquire new skills during the internship.
- Attention to detail: Pays close attention to details, ensuring accuracy in data analysis, documentation, and project deliverables.
- Collaboration and teamwork: Works well in a team setting, actively participating in team discussions, contributing ideas, and collaborating with others to achieve project goals.
How to Write a Business Analyst Internship Resume?
To write a professional Business Analyst Internship resume, follow these steps:
- Select the right Business Analyst Internship resume template.
- Write a professional summary at the top explaining your Business Analyst Internship’s experience and achievements.
- Follow the STAR method while writing your Business Analyst Internship resume’s work experience. Show what you were responsible for and what you achieved as a Business Analyst Internship.
- List your top Business Analyst Internship skills in a separate skills section.
Write the perfect Business Analyst Internship resume header by:
- Adding your full name at the top of the header.
- Add a photo to your resume if you are applying for jobs outside of the US. For applying to jobs within the US, avoid adding photo to your resume header.
- Add your current Business Analyst Internship to the header to show relevance.
- Add your current city, your phone number and a professional email address.
- Finally, add a link to your portfolio to the Business Analyst Internship resume header. If there’s no portfolio link to add, consider adding a link to your LinkedIn profile instead.
Valentin 9507 Morris Street Somerset, NJ 08873 Marital Status: Married, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Valentin Ross, Somerset, NJ, Phone number: +1-555-555-5555, Link: linkedin/in/johndoe
Make sure to add a professional looking email address while writing your resume header. Let’s assume your name is John Doe - here is a formula you can use to create email addresses:
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
For a Business Analyst Internship email, we recommend you either go with a custom domain name (email@example.com) or select a very reputed email provider (Gmail or Outlook).
How to Write a Professional Business Analyst Internship Resume Summary?
Use this template to write the best Business Analyst Internship resume summary:
Business Analyst Internship with [number of years] experience of [top 2-3 skills]. Achieved [top achievement]. Expert at [X], [Y] and [Z].
How to Write a Business Analyst Internship Resume Experience Section?
Here’s how you can write a job winning Business Analyst Internship resume experience section:
- Write your Business Analyst Internship work experience in a reverse chronological order.
- Use bullets instead of paragraphs to explain your Business Analyst Internship work experience.
- While describing your work experience focus on highlighting what you did and the impact you made (you can use numbers to describe your success as a Business Analyst Internship).
- Use action verbs in your bullet points.
Business Analyst Internship Resume Example
Business Analyst Internship
- Development of user scripts for functional usability testing and system training
- Development of surveys for clients
- Analysis of the information and compilation of reports
- Documentation of business processes related to external partners
Top Business Analyst Internship Resume Skills for 2023
- Business Requirements Gathering
- Stakeholder Analysis and Management
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Process Mapping and Workflow Analysis
- Use Case Development and Modeling
- Requirement Documentation and Specification
- User Story Development
- SWOT Analysis
- Gap Analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- Market Research and Analysis
- Data Visualization and Reporting
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Metrics and KPIs
- Data Analysis Tools (e.g., Excel, SQL)
- Business Intelligence Software (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
- Prototyping and Wireframing
- Agile Methodology and Scrum Framework
- Project Management Skills
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Financial Analysis and Forecasting
- Business Case Development
- Decision Modeling and Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Change Management
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Requirements Validation and Verification
- System Testing and Quality Assurance
- User Acceptance Testing
- Business Process Modeling and Simulation
- Data Mapping and Transformation
- Data Governance and Management
- Data Privacy and Security Compliance
- Process Automation and Optimization
- Stakeholder Workshop Facilitation
- Vendor Evaluation and Selection
- Requirements Traceability
- Business Rules Analysis
- User Experience (UX) Design Principles
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Product Roadmapping and Release Planning
- Agile Development Tools (e.g., JIRA, Trello)
- Business Process Reengineering
How Long Should my Business Analyst Internship Resume be?
Your Business Analyst Internship resume length should be less than one or two pages maximum. Unless you have more than 25 years of experience, any resume that’s more than two pages would appear to be too long and risk getting rejected.
On an average, for Business Analyst Internship, we see most resumes have a length of 2. And, that’s why we advise you to keep the resume length appropriate to not get rejected.