Volunteer CV Example
Program Volunteer CV
Program Volunteer CV - SUMMARY
Ability to convey the conceptual and practical aspects of the curriculum to students, while respecting their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles. Have demonstrated the power to develop a good rapport with people instantaneously and successfully redirect students often deemed as difficult. I am seeking a job that will maximize my teaching experience and training abilities, will challenge me, and help me grow. I aim to create a learning environment that allows each student to excel academically and gain the confidence and motivation to succeed in their academic careers and become well-rounded learners. I encourage open-mindedness and cultural awareness to foster respectable interactions. Take a great interest in learning about people and their strengths.
Program Volunteer CV - WORK EXPERIENCE
Program Volunteer, Academic Magnet High School
- Devise explicit teaching models for literacy and numeracy.
- Help with different project requirements with this organization for 4 years.
- Deliver program to grade 8-12 students to help students develop a positive attitude towards education while recognizing personal and economic costs of living on their own.
- Support students with diverse learning and health needs.
- Coordinate other volunteers, holiday lessons, and meals.
- Use student assessment data to inform teaching practice.
- Report to regular classroom teachers about progress and student behavior.
- Teach English and help the children understand US customs and culture.
- Provide employment references for past volunteers.
- Conduct mock interviews with job applications and offering feedback.
- Schedule time with the school and get other volunteers to visit and for transportation.
- Organize and arrange interviews for candidates.
- Provide timely feedback to students on progression through comments on work and conversations.
- Coordinate and purchase school assets.
- Supervise and conduct extra-curricular sports such as male fitness, volleyball, floor hockey, and female fitness.
Assistant Teacher, BASIS Scottsdale
- Created challenging projects for students to complete.
- Oversaw the year, term, and unit planning and assessed documents for year 6.
- Provided administrative and secretarial services to program coordinator and faculty.
- Applied positive and consequential behavior management strategies.
- Created lessons using differentiation and various entry-points to engage students of varying abilities.
- Developed lesson plans and class material-combined instruction with demonstration to communicate objectives to class for evaluation.
- Coached year 5 and 6 netball teams outside of school hours.
- Attended professional development sessions to learn the latest best practices and strategies for effective teaching.
- Actively participated in activities that included assessing student progress, assigning grades, taking attendance.
- Developed reading groups implemented in the classroom.
- Examined student test results and other data to determine the course for differentiated instruction.
- Prepared course binders to be examined by the Ministry of Education for bi-yearly school inspection.
- Developed unit plans for all subjects using the 5 E's instructional process.
- Developed a positive relationship with all staff members in the school and continually sought feedback on teaching performance.
Teacher, Central Magnet School
- Taught full time during term 3 in the year 2007.
- Observed the teacher and examined various teaching techniques tailored to ESP students with language difficulties.
- Led prayer and hymn singing.
- Provided direct feedback to teachers on students’ abilities and performance levels.
- Facilitated learning and provided students with the information and tools they needed to master a variety of subjects.
- Evaluated students using a variety of assessment techniques learned and provided anecdotal observation and assessment for the classroom professor.
- Supported teachers with parents’ concerns and gave feedback to both parents and students.
- Assessed students' abilities through formal and informal assessments and provided suggestions for improvement.
- Created new program materials and methods of instruction, developing methods of evaluation for evaluation.
- Worked closely with students to support diverse learning needs including gifted and talented and dyslexia.
- Utilized various teaching and assessment strategies for an inclusive classroom with various learning styles.
Volunteer CV Example - EDUCATION
Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Primary), University of Oxford
Bachelor of Education, Vanderbilt University
Top Skills for Volunteer Work CV
- Leadership skills
- Learner assessment
- Classroom management
- Interacting with students
- Ability to identify student needs
- Organization and communication
- Creative/technical lesson planning