How to write a Visual Merchandiser CV?
To write a Visual Merchandising CV, follow these steps:
- In your CV’s header section add a link to your visual merchandising portfolio.
- Add a short CV summary to give hiring managers a brief overview of your total experience, key skills and accomplishments.
- While writing your Visual Merchandiser CV experience, write it in a reverse chronological order and use bullet points instead of paragraphs to explain.
- Add your visual merchandising technical skills in a separate section.
How to list Visual Merchandiser on a CV?
To list a Visual Merchandiser position on your CV, place it on your CV’s work history section and describe what you did in that role. Make sure to show what impact you made as a Visual Merchandiser.
Visual Merchandiser Resume
Highly creative with the ability to drive brands forward through innovative visual schemes and concepts. Possess a proven ability to make a strong impact with visual merchandising and have a flair for redesigning in-store layouts to drive sales forward. Have strong product knowledge and currently working as part of a close-knit team to ensure that the best & worst sellers are monitored. Continuously implementing visual guidelines to make sure that visual standards are always maintained. Looking for a suitable visual merchandiser position as the next step in my career. Proficient in managing cross-functional teams with excellent knowledge in merchandising across product development and production processes. A dedicated and enthusiastic individual who excels at prioritizing, completing multiple tasks simultaneously, and following through to achieve goals. Flexible and hard-working with a strong drive to succeed.
2018-03 - Present
- Design the visual presentation of all Ferragamo retail stores and special events in London.
- Coordinate store display in line with brand guidelines and strategy.
- Deliver weekly floor moves, window installations, and mannequin styling.
- Translate catalogs & promotions into real designs on the showroom floor.
- Report on mark-down strategies, current performance, and market trends.
- Work with buyer/seller team on sell-out information; utilize VM techniques to maximize profit and provide a superior customer and staff experience regularly.
2015-12 - 2018-02
- Executed planograms, allocations, inventory, district numbers, payroll, trends, campaigns.
- Assisted with new store openings, remodels, and roll-outs that resulted in feedback seminars.
- Stayed abreast with the latest fashion, environmental and interior trends.
- Acquired updated knowledge of visual standards of the Company.
- Helped with employee conflicts.
- Supervised a team of five visual merchandisers.
- Oversaw store operations including merchandising and inventory.
E-Commerce Visual Merchandising
2011-12 - 2015-11
- Oversaw the daily online and offline press review.
- Was responsible for updating the Smith-Petersen profile on social media platforms.
- Provided guidance and assistance in implementing PR strategies.
- Supervised report generation and press release development (text and photo editing), press pitching, and following up with journalists, bloggers, analysts for media mentions and public relations (PR) initiatives.
- Managed relationships with national and international journalists.
- Organized and coordinated events and fashion shows for in-house brands.
Wholesale Show-room Visual Merchandising
2010-12 - 2011-11
- Monitored and organized sales campaigns through the appointments schedule; prepared budget sheets, coordinated sales, and orders analyzed sell-out and direct selling strategies for international markets.
- Coordinated and created selling tools during the market hours and took client notes in sales meetings with specialty and department store accounts.
- Analysed sales objectives for wholesale accounts and developed innovative selling tools for clients.
- Increased seasonal sell-through by evaluating trends and attending selling events.
- Was responsible for VM activities and rotations.
- Assisted designers with fashion shoots and styling for news season catalogs.
- Organized and arranged showrooms for all brands of the group.
- Assisted in the organization and management of the 2013 fashion show.
- Assisted in the organization of national events, dealing with venues and decorations, recruited models.
- Assisted with the PR initiatives of the store by facilitating stylists and addressing their needs and requests for magazine features.
Art Institute of Houston
2008 - 2010
- Visual merchandising/fashion design
- Brand marketing
- Visual Merchandising
- Project Management