Senior Tester CV
Ambitious and hardworking, with a flexible and dynamic approach to problem-solving, combined with high personal integrity and excellent communication skills. I have a proven track record of regularly managing large quantities of resources and tasks in extremely pressurized situations, directing teams of systems testers, and distributed international resources. My background of 15+ years working within IT gives me much confidence to analyze and understand data and system requirements. Also, possess extensive experience with full project and software development life cycles. Known for problem-solving and critical-thinking skills with proven ability to keenly analyze issues, formulate strategic action plans, and resolve complex situations.
- Coordinate tests for two sections of the SAP test plan (tag and master data testing).
- Train 8 new test team members on MWFM applications and SAP testing procedures.
- Mentor 6 junior testers on testing methodology and best practices.
- Document detail work order lifecycle procedures for various work-order types for training and reference.
- Prepare SAP test data for user training, including procedures for use in the script for automation.
- Plan and carry out localization testing of client websites (for 12 different languages).
- Collaborate with account managers, interact with clients and write SOW documents.
- Prepare project plans, budget files, revenue and staff effort estimation & tracking files, invoice requests, requirement traceability matrices, project status reports.
- Plan testing projects; prepare test strategy, test plan, test cases, test scripts, test metrics reports.
- Execute tests (manual and automated) to verify features and defect fixes for software applications (e.g. ITSM – incident management, asset management, change management, release management modules); and, interact with vendor (BMC); guide team in test automation.
- Conduct functional, regression, integration, localization (French) testing, and data migration testing.
- Receive e-Star recognition for professionalism and perseverance.
- Wrote quality documents to prepare the company to bid on a customer contract.
- Made recommendations to improve existing processes.
- Planned, coordinated, and managed all testing activities for Wave 1 of portfolio management project, involving the integration of ERP software (SAP-PS, PeopleSoft, Oracle) with MS Project; used Primavera for the retirement of legacy software.
- Planned, coordinated, and executed QA testing activities.
- Prepared quality management system manual; conducted project document/technical specifications reviews, quality reviews of testing deliverables; verified features and defect fixes for all internal and customer websites.
- Scheduled and managed preparation; executed test scripts for functional, component, end-to-end security testing.
- Coordinated activities on performance testing, including triggering conditions for batch processing.
- Made recommendations on test automation and regression testing via the usage of the test automation tool.
- Managed a team of 6 testers, both manual and automated; worked in a predominantly waterfall environment; tested a complex omnichannel retail system; drove the implementation of an automated framework using Selenium Webdriver with Specflow and Gherkin; also updated the test processes and strategy during a migration project to Jira and TestRail.
- Managed a local team of testers supporting a suite of complex desktop engineering simulation solutions; supported the teams through a transition to Agile as a key member of the team, shaping the new development process, and developed an effective test strategy to implement alongside.
- Coordinated the testing resources across distributed teams spanning Europe, Australia, and the US for regular releases of a major suite of engineering survey software, which integrated with ships sensors and allowed the user to visualize the data on the screen.
- Designed the concept for a new UIA regression tool and worked with the development team to develop, implement, and build the finished solution and suite.
- Constantly conducted risk assessments on issues raised; distributed the work through to the appropriate team and/or escalated where appropriate; provided support and liaised with distributed teams of developers, testers, and consultants who were located throughout the UK and USA.
Master of Applied Science
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Major in Computer Communications Network Systems Design
Bachelor of Applied Science
University of California
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Major in Data Communication Systems
- HTML 5
- HTML + CSS
- Microsoft Office
- Testing user acceptance
- Communications - I pride myself on building and maintaining good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Risk Awareness - Assessing risks daily for stories, bugs, and projects.
- Adaptable - I am able to pick up new concepts and systems quickly.
- Motivator - I am well known for my positive outlook on life; stay motivated and dedicated to all those I am involved with.