Senior Staff Accountant CV
A personable and self-directed professional with a background in finance and accounting. A highly experienced accounting and client service professional with experience working in various industries. Presently seeking a professional and satisfying role in a reputable company. Easy going by nature and can work with all members of staff regarding finance issues to resolve problems. Proven track record with strengths in collections, accounts receivable, and procedural development. Self-motivated, energetic, team and individual contributor with the ability to work well in a cross-functional and operational setting. Service-oriented with a keen eye for detail. Highly knowledgeable in information systems, skilled in Microsoft Excel, accounting, financial analysis, and financial statement reporting.
Senior Staff Accountant
- Undertake daily accounting operation and hands-on management of accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and monthly close.
- Process RMAs, credits, and tax adjustments using Oracle NetSuite ERP accounting system and Avalara Tax online.
- Assist the finance manager with various reporting requirements for the business.
- Generate monthly financial statements, balance sheets, cash flow, budgeting, planning, forecasting, and revenue recognition.
- Support cash applications personnel by retrieving daily lockbox information from the bank and correctly applying payments to customer’s accounts.
- Assist and liaise with internal auditors to provide the necessary required information in a timely fashion.
- Compute semi-monthly compensation of 100+sales commissions.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of the management income statement report.
- Fully manage private stock options administration.
- Prepare and present the budget of cash flow and comparison with actual cash flow every month.
- Supervise accounting department employees.
- Provided corresponding daily, weekly, and monthly management reports; maintained daily cash flow analysis, journal entries, and fixed assets accounting.
- Designed and implemented a Microsoft Access database to support the multi-million-dollar professional service expense budget.
- Prepared and updated appropriate books of accounts for recording transactions carried out through the process of receivables management.
- Prepared individual tax returns, quarterly payroll tax returns, and sales tax returns for clients.
- Tracked cash and bank deposit activity and post the transaction on ERP to affect customers’ accounts.
- Prepared sales tax, payroll filings, reconciliations, and cost basis calculations of stock for clients.
- Tracked the movement of creditors and debtors and to identify their financial positions.
- Assisted Certified Public Accountants with tax returns and financial statements for individuals, partnerships, and corporations.
- Processed e-file through Lacerte and CCH Prostystems FX for federal and state acceptance; assembled tax returns.
- Maintained records and files regularly and complete the movement of the Treasury.
Account Receivable Specialist/Accountant
- Completed cash application operations including accessing bank transaction reports for ACH/EFT deposit data; posted payments to customer accounts.
- Prepared journal entries, accrual entries, duplicate pay, aging reporting, audit, and reconciliation.
- Interacted with sales and clients regarding issues or disputes such as pricing, quantity, quality, or missing product.
- Prepared financial reports and calculations required at the end of each month and submitted them to the finance manager for review.
- Provided variance analysis, change reporting, and other presentations or ad-hoc reports; provided corrective action recommendations to management where necessary.
- Reviewed new customer credit applications, ran D&B credit reports, and verified credit references.
- Assisted with the preparation of the annual and mid-year budgets.
- Was responsible for the monthly close; maintained all accounting ledgers including monthly review of all account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Reviewed incoming and outgoing items of stocks and edit bills.
BS Degree in Corporate Finance
Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
- Strategic planning and execution
- Cross-functional team management
- Mergers and Acquisition implementation
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Large data sets
- Pivot Tables
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Financial account reconciliation