Information Security CV
Detail-oriented, highly skilled Information Security Specialist with 14+ years of expertise in information technology including risk management, system hardening, and malware prevention, detection, and removal. I pride myself to learn from every experience and apply my knowledge/experience fully in all areas to push boundaries. Able to flourish in a fast-paced, exciting environment where precision and productivity matter. I have been well versed in the security and technology field of the US and hope to continue my momentum to make a substantial impact on the improvement of business and technology systems.
Information Security Specialist
- Manage the contents of the organization’s risk register and carry out tasks regarding risk treatment.
- Implement of MSBs in all ICT software/Hardware where applicable.
- Engineer policies and facilitate the implementation of Cisco Identity Services Engine.
- Define and manage industry Security and Standards Roadmaps ensuring industry security posture.
- Review and approve end-user requests for application installation and internet access.
- Implement Cisco Umbrella formally OpenDNS (Replacing Cisco Ironport Proxy).
- Manage industry projects to migrate cryptography mechanisms ensuring industry-wide and international interoperability.
- Design safeguards around wire fraud phishing emails.
- Monitor compliances with security policies.
Information Security Manager
- Managed and implemented multi-factor authentication.
- Performed on-demand investigations for security incidents.
- Managed the Tenable Security Center and maintain vulnerability assessment plan.
- Designed firewall changes workflow for approval and change execution.
- Ensured frameworks and security are aligned with global best practices for authentication, cryptography, and privacy.
- Checked rules and configuration of DLP in the end-user computer, examines DLP logs, and takes appropriate action.
- Managed Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 policies and oversee the operations.
- Advised industry security committees on security best practices and current vulnerabilities. Continually review industry security guidance and rules, aligning rules to industry best practices.
- Analyzed current trends in malware and the organization’s current controls to determine whether advanced malware protection (AMP) tools are warranted.
- Implemented Ironkey encrypted USB storage.
Information Security Analyst
- Collaborated and maintained ongoing security policies and controls to strengthen NBTY’s security posture.
- Reviewed and monitored vendors based on SLA.
- Developed endpoint firewall policies for our UK retail environment.
- Was responsible for Internet proxy configurations, policies, and reports.
- Maintained ATM and EFTPOS network processing and monitoring systems.
- Created security metrics and reports that management uses to understand the effectiveness of their security systems.
- Created documentation to assist associates with the enrollment of security services.
- Reviewed information security policy and make changes if applicable.
- Controlled endpoint security utilizing Symantec Endpoint Protection in a global environment.
Master of Computer Science
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
BSc (Hons)-Bachelor of Science
- Computer Science & Cybersecurity
- DATA LEAKAGE PREVENTION
- WARNING SYSTEM & TECHNOLOGY THREAT
- ENDPOINT PROTECTION
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- POLICY CREATION
- Creation of Information Security Policies
- SECURITY AWARENESS
- Delivering security awareness training to associates