Sr. Project & Planning Engineer
A performance-driven, result-oriented project control engineer with 7 years of experience; continue to achieve consistent benefits through a focused, strategic workflow on planning and executing the tangible project through the project life cycle. Possess experience in designing, coordinating, and managing procurement/construction projects. Leverage consistent strategic measures to strengthen performance with consistent operating results. Organize and consistently meet deadlines with the ability to lead and manage multiple projects/programs. Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and manage resources, teams, and stakeholders efficiently; ensure superior customer satisfaction and excellent business results. Also, specialize in conducting research, analysing competitive markets, and improve operational and business processes through a focused and strategic workflow.
Sr. Project & Planning Engineer
2017-04 - Present
- Schedule projects in Primavera P6, resource and cost allocation, prepare project data viz. budget, actual, forecast, S-curve, WBS.
- Execute project planning & management with accountability such as quality of deliverables, budget controls, schedule milestones, scope changes.
- Ensure resource loading and leveling in Primavera P6 to estimate manpower requirement.
- Assign and maintain project baseline schedule post-approval from the client for future updating and tracking purposes.
- Expedite inputs from the design & engineering discipline, contractors, and vendors for progress updates.
- Liaise periodically with vendors, works manager, and sub-contractors to monitor progress and ensure schedule compliance.
- Generate and publish look ahead reports and behind schedule reports on a weekly, monthly basis.
- Monitor expended man-hours against budgeted man-hours & prepare performance factor report discipline-wise & highlight it to management through executive summary.
- Prepare DPR, MPR, DRR, generate transmittal, variance report, cash flow report, material-in-transit/procurement/delivered/status report.
- Monitor manufacturing & fabrication activities of subcontractors through conducting an ex-works visit to recover any delay.
- Attend monthly progress review meetings to provide a progress report, discuss potential issues, scope changes, and recovery plans.
- Regular reporting to the Project Manager on sub-contractor performance, engineering deliverables, procurement updates, shipment planning.
- Project document controlling & Project database management.
2015-01 - 2017-03
- Was in-charge of site management.
- Assisted in preparation and implementation of Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Attended the Weekly Progress Meetings (Internal as well as with Client) and preparation of Minutes of Meeting (MOM).
- Monitored work in progress and preparing the weekly report of the status of each assignment.
- Ensured all procedures and calculations are submitted to the client for review and approval.
- Coordinated materials and assisting in the logistics, its shipment, and receipt at the construction site.
- Coordinated with all project-related personnel on day to day progress of work activities, procurement, and operations to ensure the timely completion of the project.
2011-01 - 2014-12
- Assigned the responsibility of Civil Construction Coordination.- Supervising daily activities as per the drawings approved by the client.
- Coordinated among other supervisors and departments regarding site requirements on an urgent basis.
- Reviewed and prepared method statements and work procedures as per Shell DEP’s, Project Variations, site conditions, and requirements.
- Was in charge of all activities associated with the operations area and dealing with client representatives employed there.
- Prepared official letters for client and sub-contractor correspondences.
- Tracked the validity of all work-related documents required to work in the operations area.
- Associated in planning & cost control of the department for baseline & micro-level schedules, manpower, machinery requirements, and monthly cash flows.
- Involved in the preparation of macro & micro schedules using Microsoft Project 2010 & Primavera P6.
- Monitored project progress and reporting on a daily, weekly & monthly basis to higher authorities and clients.
- Played an active role in project coordination between clients to the site level, daily monitoring for critical activities, planning of near-critical activities, and project priorities.
- Arranged progress meetings for internal team sites and allocating the resources on a priority basis to meet the Progress as scheduled.
- Attended weekly meetings with PMC, main client, and organization top management to represent project progress and discussing hindrances if any.
- Reported schedule & cost impact delays due to area clearances delayed by allied parties to higher management on time.
California Institute of Technology
Master of Engineering
2009 - 2011
- Attained 78.9% in M.Tech.
Carnegie Mellon University
Bachelor of Technology
2005 - 2009
- Attained 66.8% in B.Tech.
- Project Management
- PMI Certified
- Digital Marketing
- Google Certified
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Microsoft Certified
- Bloomberg Market Concepts
- Bloomberg Certified
- Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt)
- KPMG Certified
- Project planning
- Cost management
- Data analysis/visualization
- Earned value management
- Analytical & reporting abilities
- Team building & management
- Contracts change management
- Project expediting
- Time management
- Contract negotiation
- Tender management
- Budget management
- Resource optimization
- Schedule management
- Stakeholder management