Freelance Painter and Graphic Designer CV
My 6+ years of experience in graphic design have afforded me the ability to produce at an exceptional level. I have provided positive results for my employers and clients. I've had opportunities to thrive in many different industries. It is inspiring when my students become passionate and engaged in the work they are creating. Exposing students to different approaches, new materials, and ways of expressing themselves gives the student the tools and critical discourse needed to create their definition of Art. Foundation courses 2-D, 3-D, Drawing, Art History & Critical Theory are an essential ingredient to an academic and personal journey into any Art Practice. I plan all my studio coursework to adhere to clear guidelines, technical support, and classroom critiques. Exploration with form and content, in most cases, is a Non-Linear learning process. Establishing clear goals and guidelines helps to organize the expectations I have of students and the expectations they have of themselves.
Painter, Freelance Graphic Designer
- Create unique graphic design services and products from concept to completion from business cards and brochures to large signs and banners.
- Communicate with vendors for outsourced production.
- Review and set-up art files for in-house production.
- Operate digital printers using the Fiery Command Workstation. For the company website, CyFairPrinting.com modified pages using WordPress and managed the customer web portals using the MyOrderDesk plugin from PrintReach.
- Create marketing materials for meetings and networking events to build brand awareness
- Design custom postcards to be mailed and signs to be displayed in the shop.
- Utilize Constant Contact to send e-mail newsletters and advertisements.
- Contribute to customer service requests.
- Provide information about the products and services offered, sent proofs, and entered invoices using PrintSmith.
- Work with a team of designers in the Creative Services Department for an educational teaching aid manufacturing company.
- Develop and market fun, colorful products that help children learn and inspire teachers.
- Create teacher resource guides, activity cards, and packaging for the Product Development department and trade show signs for the Sales Department.
North Star Middle School
Painter, Assistant Teacher
- Taught adult students the art of abstract painting.
- Took all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Introduced children ages 3 - 16 to the arts of plaster imprinting and abstract painting. Preschool students created original handprints in plaster and decorated them with paints, glitter, beads, etc.
- Designed a variety of marketing products, such as brochures and advertisements.
Middlesex Middle School
- Utilized digital photography, photographic retouching, and computer input and output skills for tee- shirts, banners, brochures, signs, and promotional merchandise.
- Fulfilled clerical tasks as needed including data entry, bookkeeping, and receptionist duties.
- Employed numerous professional painting, retouching, repair, and cleaning techniques to works on canvas and paper by world-renown artists such as Picasso, Chagall, Dali, Miro, Lautrec, and Rembrandt, et al; assist gallery curator, embellishing, art handling, and installation, framing and packaging, shipping, and receiving, and inventory.
- Performed administrative tasks as assigned including typing letters, data entry, photocopying, writing, and sending faxes and emails; answered telephones; kept track of Chairman's appointments and ran errands.
- Assisted art students with photographic slide documentation, film, digital photography, graphic design, and business card design; canvas stretching and priming.
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Master of Fine Arts
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Bachelors Fine Arts - Advertising
- My degree taught me how to figure out what customers want and to convincingly talk to them through digital and print mediums. MCAD's degree is unique as it included a ton of hands-on work experience on projects for real clients.
- Comprehensive understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, strong understanding of layout and design for both print and web material.
- Experience cultivating databases as well as proven leadership with marketing and fundraising efforts for NonProfit organizations.
- Familiarity working with administrators and faculty members organizing workshops and gallery exhibitions with younger students and adults.
- An interdisciplinary approach to Printmaking techniques.
- Strong enthusiasm for the use of green printmaking materials and techniques and feel that my creative practice centralizes around a passion for printmaking, drawing.
- Strong interpersonal skills in both managing galleries shows, as well as implementing visual art education workshops for adults and children.
- Proven leadership experience managing arts workshops and instructors, teaching experience in many different techniques and practices.
- Experience with narrative forms and contemporary illustration approaches.
- Teaching skills leading digital and traditional animation techniques for students K12.
- Design Thinking and experience developing an Innovation Lab space and curriculum in a K8 independent school.
- Computer Skills: MAC and PC proficient.
- Software: Adobe InDesign CS4, Adobe Photoshop CS4, Adobe Illustrator CS4, Adobe Acrobat CS4, Microsoft Office Suite, et al.
- Art History: Contemporary Art, Critical Theory
- Digital Arts: Graphic Design, Animation, New Media
- Design Thinking: 3D-Printing, Prototyping, Collaborative Teaching Approaches
- Printmaking: Block Printing, Etching, Screen-printing
- Illustration: Intro to Cartooning, Stop Motion Animation I & II
- Foundation: 2D, Drawing, Figure Drawing, Observational Drawing
- Strong education in traditional art techniques
- Able to produce production quality model and render
- Able to work with both 2D and 3D
- Hard surface and Organic modeling