Makeup Artist CV
A dedicated skincare advocate, beauty expert; highly skilled in makeup artistry. I generate awareness of brands using tailored promotional strategies; knowledgeable in the use of brand management, retail productivity, account management. Highly resourceful, creative, and innovative makeup artist; am self-motivated and possess impeccable communication skills. Experienced in ensuring models, actors or performers have suitable makeup and hairstyles before they appear in front of a camera or audience. During my 3-years stint as a freelance makeup artist, I worked on many fashion shows, film, and TV productions as well as in makeover studios. Now looking to expand m experience and knowledge by working with other creatives and companies.
- Constantly combine my creative and technical expertise and passion for people to provide a welcoming, inspirational, and personalized in-store experience that educates and delights MAC customers.
- A high-performing team member who can create impact with in-store events and ensure that the store always achieves MAC's high standards of visual merchandising to stand out against our competitors.
- Constantly on every shift, I maintain an AUS of $55 or more and try to exceed my sales goals by 20%+.
- Provide consultation to customers to select cosmetic shades, skin treatment, makeup application, artistry, and fragrance.
- Grow a network of strong brand advocates through ongoing outreach and communication of new product launches & continuous product seeding.
- Regularly monitor and track traditional and influencer social media coverage on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Stories, and Snapchat, and compile necessary reports to be shared with internal teams and senior management on weekly basis.
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain meaningful relationships with a broad spectrum of editors, bloggers, makeup artists, and influencers across YouTube, Instagram, and other relevant platforms, utilizing Tribe Dynamics and other data sources.
Makeup Artist, Beauty Advisor
- Worked as a makeup artist for weddings, parties, and events to provide makeup, skincare consultation.
- Provided experience by actively listening and asking investigative questions to determine the exact needs of the client.
- Hosted party appointments with up to 45 people at once to teach a particular makeup application and introduce them to Bare Minerals.
- Acted as a beauty advisor specializing in the highest luxury service in cosmetics; provide the brand experience with a French greeting like sitting every client, matching foundation, performing skincare application, and proving customized consultation.
- Provided full-range customer service including product information, sales, and execution of all in-store events.
- Applied makeup and set looks for on-air talent ("Love and Hip Hop", "Growing up Hip Hop", Hustle and Soul") based on the formulas set by the department head; worked in tandem with the talent, production crew, producers, directors, & tech managers.
Makeup Artist, Trainer
- Demonstrated product usage with tutorial-style walk-through.
- Maintained a clean and orderly workspace and environment; upkept supplies for both the green room and wardrobe room, creating and maintaining a professional environment.
- Followed policies, applicable laws, and regulations that protect his/her health and safety as well as that of other workers.
- Ensured that all communications with customers are courteous, cordial, and professional.
- Ensured that the retail counter area and products are clean, well-organized, and well-presented at all times.
- Met retail sales plan objectives and tracked productivity.
- Worked as a trainer for all recruits.
MA - Creative Direction for Fashion and Beauty
Bachelor Media Make-up
Fremont Beauty College
- Session hair styling
- High levels of creativity
- Works well with a team
- Strong knowledge of cosmetics
- Excellent makeup application skills
- Ability to work at a fast past and under pressure
- Ability to work on set and work with HD cameras
- Ability to work with clients and understanding their requirements