Senior-level experience in directing and editing high-standard TV commercials, corporate videos, and short films. Seeking production and communications opportunities. Can work with a wide range of broadcast and production companies and has acquired an assortment of skills in these positions across the industry. Experienced with all aspects of the production workflow. Highly creative, with a proven track record of exceeding performance expectations, remaining client-focused, and adhering to budgets and time frames. Possess expertise within the financial services industry and specialize in brand communications. Have also worked as C.C.U (camera control unit) operator, audio technician, studio and field lighting technician, production assistant, camera assistant, cable hand, data wrangler, editor, and camera crane operator. Seeking a challenging career with a film production company that uses cutting-edge technology and will utilize my creative skills to benefit mutual growth and success.
- Prioritize the scene sequences to meet strict deadlines.
- Rehearse with the actors to orchestrate the performance before production.
- Direct and edit 11+ projects/year.
- Work with the editor to present the final version of the film.
- Efficiently organize and coordinated shoots.
- Select music for the final film and/or work with a composer to decide on the musical score.
- Supervise production equipment, lighting, and set dressing to ensure that all of the elements come together.
- Enter films into film festivals or screenings
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with producers, clients, crew, and all actors.
- Write and interpret scripts.
- Develop storyboards that define framing, composition, camera movement, sound, and actor movement for each shot.
- Select the actors-making a casting call and holding auditions.
- Decide on how the production should look and where it should be filmed (location scouting).
- Direct actors during the filming.
- Plan the shooting schedule and casting the actors.
- Work closely with the cinematographer.
- Direct the actors towards the required performances.
- Work with a low budget.
- Guide the technical crew.
- Supervise all creative aspects of the production.
20th Century Fox
- Swapped and maintained camera lenses.
- Provided all stages of video production from creative conception, budgeting, managing crews, producing, and directing on sets to animating and editing in post-production.
- Operated and maintained the main camera (video footage).
- Produced and edited videos for internal communications as well as web-based messaging.
- Operated headset in communication with the technical director.
- Created exciting video materials for conventions, marketing support for all sponsorships.
- Operated the headset in communication with the concert director.
- Received and recorded stock intake.
- Operated the C.C.U (camera control unit).
- Performed live video feeds with financial experts to various television affiliates.
- Operated two-way radio and headset in communication with the technical director.
- Helped build brand recognition through messaging customers and colleagues.
- Edited and uploaded video footage to company web page
- Worked as an editor on documentary videos.
- Tasked with timely set-up and pack-up of broadcasting equipment and cables.
- Was in-charge of secure and independent overnight lock-up of equipment.
Degree in Film Directing
Loyola Marymount University
Bachelor of Media Arts
School of Visual Arts
- Canon 5D
- Red Scarlet
- Nikon D7000
- Panasonic F51
- Panasonic GH4
- Canon cameras
- Davinci Resolve
- Arri Alexa Mini
- Sony DSR-570 WSP
- Sony digital cameras
- Panasonic Lumix GH4
- Adobe After Effects CC
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Sony HDC-1500 Fibre Optic
- Blackmagic cinema cameras
- Panasonic AG-HPX500 P2 HD Camcorder
- Calm under pressure
- Uses Adobe Creative Suite
- Screenwriting software: Celtx, Final Draft
- Push creative boundaries with each project
- Excellent time management and budget awareness
- Cooperative and open-minded in working with others
- Migrated from Avid Media Composer to Media 100 and currently editing with Final Cut Pro & Adobe Premiere Pro