A poised and outgoing professional with exceptional skills in entertainment & event management. Trained in running large-scale events, restaurant & event venues, as well as one-off events. Forward-thinking and motivated young professional with proven interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills as well as commercial awareness developed through academic studies and relevant professional experience. Possess the ability to lead projects and never miss a deadline. I have learned to use my time and my assets, and most importantly, I have learned to be flexible and disciplined to get things done. I thrive in an environment where no two working days are the same and I believe I could fit easily into every team. A creative and innovative thinker with strengths in expanding marketing presence through experiential marketing opportunities, print/radio advertisement, sponsorship, and public relations. Possess diverse knowledge in live performance, including but not limited to DJs, live bands, dancers, atmosphere models, animated costume characters, body painters, stiltwalkers, and aerialists.
Colin Cowie Lifestyle
Wedding and Event Coordinator/Floral Designer
2018-03 - Present
- Provide consultations to clients, create detailed portfolios and proposals, develop positive business relationships with local, national, and international vendors, wholesalers, and farms; procure the highest quality products while keeping the lowest cost possible.
- Run one of the Tiger Lily Flower Shops, take customer calls and greet walk-ins, create high-volume orders at an accelerated pace, maintain a clean and orderly shop, process flowers, and delegate work details, while providing nothing but the highest quality of customer service.
- Work at open-ended/limitless-budget events, and design for high-profile clients.
- Have a very large customer base and order influx, making speed and customer service skills a necessity.
- Create wedding design, event design, and everyday arrangements.
Bassett Events, Inc.
Event Coordinator/Floral Designer
2015-12 - 2018-02
- Coordinated summer environmental event, The Mediterranean Clean-up.
- Produced proposals for new sponsors.
- Developed new social media advertising formats for Let's Do it Mediterranean blog and the Facebook channel which organically increased 20% in followers in one month.
- Provided customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Researched competitors and market trends; kept track of digital innovations in fashion.
- Designed weddings, events, wire-in, and daily orders.
- Performed consultations, and maintained the Company website; kept the social media networks updated.
- Multi-tasked with designs, phone orders, and walk-in customers while maintaining high-quality customer service.
Special Events Coordinator
2012-12 - 2015-11
- Participated in the preparation process of the three-day festival of creativity and progressive culture called The Republika Fest.
- Assisted in the organization of talks, discussion panels, workshops, screenings, entertainment, and music programs.
- Developed the design of the flyers and prepared the relevant information for guests.
- Focused on corporate clients, events, & weddings.
- Undertook social media marketing, community outreach programs, addressed event inquiries and bridal shows.
- Assisted for one-time events, live concerts, and special performances.
Bachelor of Arts
2006 - 2009
Wedding Floral Specialist Certification
Floral Design Institute (2011)
Learned to design flowers for all types of ceremonies; from traditional to contemporary, and from simple to elaborate. I also learned to design bridal bouquets in many forms and styles, as well as body flowers, large bouquets, decorations for the ceremony and the reception, garlands, candelabras, party décor, and more.
Basic Floral Design Certification
Floral Design Institute (2010)
Completed this course through the distance learning department. I could accomplish the work at my own pace while working full time at a floral shop. In this class, I learned all the basics of floral design, including everything from wiring and taping, to flower placement, and the elements and principles of floral design.
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent multitasking
- Great time management
- Interpersonal communication