Employee Relations Specialist CV
Strong HR generalist in employee relations, change management, organizational development, workforce planning, and stakeholder engagement. A pragmatic and commercially focused HR professional, with operational and strategic experience across a variety of sectors within public and private enterprise. I am a young, vibrant professional pursuing my calling as a human science practitioner. My aim is to extend a hand to assist those individuals/organizations to deeply explore their potentials and enhance their management/leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to achieve ambitious goals. Excellent communication skills, including conflict resolution, negotiations, and strategic alliances. My preferred career is to continue in an HR generalist position, providing direct leadership to a team and supporting key stakeholders as a valued member of the leadership team.
Walgreens Boots Alliance
Employee Relations Specialist
- In this maternity leave contract position, I am responsible for general employee relations (IR, performance, OHS, and agreement interpretation) advice and support to managers and staff across our operational site.
- Administer support to the employee relations team, maintain highly confidential case files, and provide organization legal counsel with documents for investigations.
- Handle all labor relations queries in line with the LRA.
- Provide HR/ER advice to management in the resolution of ER grievances because of the transition of the business.
- Assist in providing guidance to managers and employees with issues related to conflict resolution.
- Draft documentation for disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Follow the open-door policy and listen to employees’ suggestions.
- Conduct exit interviews, process termination requests, and respond to unemployment claims and disputes.
- Initiate or chair disciplinary actions if necessary.
- Social work initiatives with social service organizations for the needy and orphans.
Johnson & Johnson
Human Resource Officer
- Developed and implemented human resource policies and procedures.
- Served as the key point of contact for all employees with HR-related issues, managed escalated employee questions, provided solutions, and connected to proper resources.
- Developed success profiles and employee job profiles.
- Was responsible for the full life cycle of recruitment in the national and international domain.
- Worked closely with Talent Acquisition, assisting with post-hire and onboarding, including Form I-9 completion and verifying employment eligibility; created Form I9 best practices guide for Budget Managers.
- Created a shortlisted candidate database for easy referral and hiring.
- Successfully led enterprise bargaining negotiations, ensured productivity gains, flexibility, and program growth.
- Led team of HR specialists and interns, providing ongoing support for HR Operations by managing core process transactions.
- Was fully responsible for maintaining the right US level.
- Conducted first phase interviews and being part of the shortlisting & final selection process.
- Ensured compliance to legislation, redeployment of selective employees, and retrenchments.
- Collaborated with workplace learning & development in managing and creating online performance appraisals and enrolling attendees for New Employee Orientation.
- Managed recruitment process from start to end.
- Developed and updated resume database of applicants sourced through direct applications and online resources such as Monster Gulf, Bayt.com, Naukri, etc.
- Prepared and communicated job offers and employment contracts.
- Took timely initiative for probationary and annual performance reviews and related contingencies.
- Developed and optimized recruitment process and policies.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
University of Oxford
Bachelor of Science