A talented construction manager, project manager, and engineer with 30+ years of experience. Based on my skills and capabilities acquired from my education and experience, I consider myself an enthusiastic construction manager who enjoys being a part of a successful and productive team. I am quick to grasp new ideas and concepts, good with analytic and problem-solving skills, and can remain calm, controlled, and focused even under significant pressure. I am proactive and can demonstrate high levels of motivation required to meet the tightest of deadlines. I possess a strong ability to perform effectively. I strive towards new challenges; possess soft skills such as leadership, management, and creativity, and constantly try to improve myself and my workplace. I like to work in a well-established and reputed organization, that gives the perfect environment for breeding productivity and success. I possess diverse experience in managing and overseeing project recovery plans in program and cost.
- Develop, lead, and mentor a large multi-disciplinary team with technical knowledge and support of the disciplines and their activities; target to implement CMMS using SAP under development from the build, completion to commissioning start-up and handover.
- Accurately identify clients’ key requirements.
- Create effective, informed, and highly motivated teams focused on project managers (PMs) and manage construction managers (CMs).
- Plan maintenance programs and prioritize work within a schedule.
- Undertake financial planning for the long lead spares, resolving current and future, unforeseen maintenance needs.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers and vendors that were dealt with by HQ procurement.
- Develop and implement maintenance workflow processes, procedures, and a management control system.
- Manage the construction division of the Company.
- Estimate cost for the new projects.
The Turner Corporation
2015-12 - 2018-02
- Documented worker productivity.
- Created reports comparing hours billed versus clocked in hours.
- Created actual manpower curve reports for the entire project.
- Audited prime contractor reconciliations.
- Documented cost savings for the owner of $1,269,263.24 by finding erroneous and duplicate billings in contractor reconciliations.
- Created and submitted budget allocations for the cost to complete (CTC) and investment tax credit (ITC).
- Found potential savings of an additional $6,000,000 for an owner on the project.
- Created financial projections for the hurricane insurance claim.
Senior Project Manager
2012-12 - 2015-11
- Was responsible for project communications, attending kick-off meetings, project board meetings, and creating communication plans.
- Advised the owner of any issues that may affect his asset or failure to deliver the contracted deliverables.
- Created and submitted billing for T&M labor for pipefitters, operators, boilermakers, & ironworkers.
- Created sub-contracts, and negotiated vendor purchases.
- Designed templates and procedures for inter-office accounting, tracking, and inventory functions.
- Trained, advised, and mentored the workforce to instill enthusiasm for the project, health and safety practices, and expectations.
- Approved purchases, signed payroll, and promoted valued employees.
- Supervised 90+ employees at a remote construction site.
- Created executive dashboards for client and CPI executives to track progress and - financial standing every week.
- Uncovered four additional lumpsum contracts for insulation, fire protection, HVAC & plumbing, & roofing and siding sheet metal.
- Created budgets, manpower curves, and schedules of values for payment.
- Conducted stakeholder engagement activities, involving senior stakeholders.
- Managed project teams, both external and internal, contractors and suppliers.
Bachelor of Engineering
University of California
2012 - 2013
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE), Civil Engineering - Construction.
- Mobilizing, managing, and procuring resources.
- Coordinating engineering and procurement activities and disseminating information to project members and stakeholders; long-term strategic planning.
- Establishing what value means to the client. Clearly defining and agreeing on project objectives. Establishing how objectives can best be achieved. Managing change.
- Managing the delivery of all construction requirements that are required in the contract, logistics, permitting, snagging, and handover activities; ensuring project delivery of established technical, budgetary, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Inspiring a shared vision for the PMT. Business development & core business analysis. Managing and controlling costs as per budgetary requirements. Leading the way in the process of fabrication and coatings to deliver on time.
- Consistent in using best practice PMO methodology to create a project plan to fit stakeholder/customer needs successfully within budget and provide the desired results.
- Stakeholder engagement involving senior stakeholders. Project communications, kick-off, checkpoint meetings, project board meetings, and communication plans.