Section of Technical Affairs
General organization of Remote Sensing (GORS) Syria
• Spearheaded scientific projects:
- Environmental studies: Monitoring of pollution and salinization in some areas and use GIS in the Protection Operations.
- Geophysical Projects: Searched for ground water.
- Networking: Established a scheme for automated telephone networks and download sites & distribution boxes & cabinets and the users, on digital maps.
- Planning: Participated in determining the route Beach that connected Lattakia and Banias by using GIS to determine the best track.
• Established the basic digital topographic 1/25000 for the Syrian coastal area.
• Employed innovative approaches based on advanced available scientific knowledge. Led and execute ideation, project implementation and administration.
• Planned, controlled, monitored, and managed assigned project resources to best meet project objectives and adhere to project scope, time, cost and quality constraints.
• Mentored professional researchers in executing their research.