- I am good at logic, analysis and attention to detail. I excel at tasks requiring accuracy with numbers.
- I am naturally curious about how things work. I can help uncover possibilities.
- I am motivated to find, identify, classify, store, remember and retrieve important information. I can help ensure that important information does not get lost or overlooked.
- I like to use math for operational purposes. I can be very helpful with math-related operational tasks like compiling profit/loss statements, forecasting, or bid generation.
I am currently the vice president at Private Currency Network, Hawaii's number one barter exchange. I've worked with the company for 8 years and have managed the company through many transitions. My responsibilities include customer service, billing, collections, online marketing, and repeat sales. I recently did some in-depth self analysis and have determined that a career as a management analyst would make the best use of my potential and help me achieve my personal and professional goals. In particular, I learned that my interests, temperament and style really lend themselves to a career gathering information analyzing it and presenting alternatives and optimal solutions. Coupled with my work experience and my interest in business efficiency, financial analysis, reasoning and mathematical analysis I'm confident I'd be highly productive and happy as an analyst.
- Internet Marketing and Web Development
- Travel & Leisure
Aug 2006 - Present
Private Currency Exchange
Hawaii's largest retail barter exchange.
- Developed pricing and target market strategy resulting in 35% revenue increase
- Audited payment processor resulting in recovery of equivalent to one month of cash
Dec 2003 - Dec 2008
Miss Mary Mac's Hawaiian Coffee Shack
Miss Mary Mac's Hawaiia Coffee shack was an e-commerce distributor of fresh roasted Kona coffee.
- Increased revenue 25% per year for 4 years
- Reached 4th place on Google for chosen key word phrases using key word analysis and linking strategy
Jan 2005 - Feb 2006
Patient Services Coordinator
National Kidney Foundation of Hawaii
National Kidney Foundation is a non-profit organization supporting, educating and screening people affected by kidney disease. I worked in the patient services department managing support programs for those with end stage renal disease.
- Took over a two year project that was thirteen months behind schedule and completed it on time
- Managed seven ongoing projects, which required finding outside support from at least twenty five professionally licensed volunteers (nurses, nutritionists, dialysis technicians)
Developed kidney cookbook - concept to completion
Created and managed an event honoring long term survivors of kidney disease
- Arranged facility, food, and transportation
- Coordinated funding
- Found volunteers & arranged speakers
Jun 2004 - Dec 2004
Sep 2001 - May 2004
Pacific Business Exchange
This is the same company where I currently work under a different name. I was responsible for customer service, trade volume and managing the office.Accomplishments include:
- $3,000,00.00 in annual trade volume
- A 98% customer satisfaction rating
- National Presidents Club Award three years in a row
Jun 1997 - Sep 2001
Feb 1997 - Jun 1997
7 Days Rent a Car
Jan 1996 - Feb 1997
Budget Rent a Car
Jun 1994 - Jan 1996
Banker's United Life Assurance
Feb 1993 - Jun 1994
Payless Rent a Car
Sep 1991 - Feb 1993
Thrifty Car Rental
Jan 1989 - Sep 1991
Assistant City Manager
RPM Rent a Car
May 1986 - Jan 1989
Snappy Car Rental San Diego
2007 - 2009
Hawaii Pacific University
2003 - 2007
Hawaii Pacific University
2003 - 2003
San Diego City College
1990 - 1993
San Diego Community College
Analysis of the demand for Kona coffee.
Kona coffee demand analysis presentation.
Pay per click advertising strategy using key word analysis applied to the Kona coffee industry.
Presentation of the market forecast for coffee roasters in Hawaii.
Forecasting the market size for coffee roasters in Hawaii.