Nova Scotia Liberal Party, Social Media, Halifax, Nova Scotia
September 2013 – December 2013
Social Media Strategist
- Create material for broadcasts under guidance of chief social media strategist at campaign headquarters
- Schedule auto-broadcasts for strategic time periods.
- Trained in political social media and the creation of engagement based content
- Using strategic message deployment techniques to ensure maximum public engagement
Mayo Clinic, Tissue Engineering and Polymeric Biomaterials Laboratory, Rochester, Minnesota
August 2013 – September 2013
- Assisted with running experiments: apparatus set up, note taking on the status of samples undergoing changes, instrument calibration, clean up and sterilization
- Trained in experimental methods in the areas of tissue culture, molecular biology, immunology, immunohistochemistry, and the synthesizing of biodegradable polymers.
- Attendance of weekly conferences where specialists analyzed and reviewed current cases in the field of musculoskeletal oncology and joint repair techniques
- Training in proper lab methods, safety precautions and sterilization methods
- Operating room observation for total hip replacement, total knee replacement and internal hemipelvectomy surgeries.
Capital Health - Veteran Services, Halifax, N.S.
September 2012 – May 2013
Bingo Program Volunteer
- Assisted veterans from their rooms down to the bingo hall, assisted with playing bingo and distributing prizes, serve tea, coffee and sandwiches, and assist veterans in getting back to their rooms.
- Received training in assisting patients who are in a wheel chair, assisting patients with disabilities, Dementia training, and proper sanitation methods for working in a hospital environment