- Stellarton NS
Bachelor of Science
Saint Mary's University
Canadian Securities Certificate
Canadian Securiities Institute
Field Researcher/ Lab Technician
Dec 2014 - Sep 2015
Lewkowich Engineering Associates, Courtenay, BC
- Performing Proctor Tests, Sieves, and Atterberg Limits on soils in accordance with American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) procedures.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment and machinery
- Keeping accurate maintenance, testing, and sample logs
- Receiving samples and maintaining proper chain of custody procedures
- Performing Concrete Compression Tests in accordance with the Canadian Council of Independent Laboratories (CCIL)
- Interpreting results via excel spreadsheets and graph analysis
- Client Relations: working with client to determine scope of testing in accordance with CCIL, ASTM and site specific specifications, providing field findings to clients in real time and in written report form, making appointments, accurate documentation of site conditions with an emphasis on buildings standards and current and long-term safety
- Testing of Building Materials: density testing with the use of a Nuclear Densometer, classification of soils is accordance with the Canadian System of Soil Classification (CSSC), bearing assessments, perimeter drain assessments, concrete testing and casting, asphalt testing and coring, concrete coring
- Client Correspondence- writing technical reports, interpreting field results, and insuring proper internal quality control in a concise and timely manner before submitting to client via email, fax, and face-to-face appointments.
- AutoCad Drafting - compiling field notes into formal test pit and borehole logs, compiling field observations and GPS tracking information into site plans that may or may not include future building boundaries and phases, scales, topography and contours, utilities, and existing landmarks.
- Maintainance of Office and Lab - assuring office and laboratory stationery items are in stock, maintaining a clean and safe work environment, assuring proper garbage and recycling procedures are adhered to.
Jun 2014 - Sep 2014
- Renovated residential buildings including work with: patios, decks, windows, doors, siding, trim, painting, sealing, setting up and organizing equipment.
Income Tax Return Preparer
Feb 2014 - Apr 2014
Assante Capital Management Ltd, Stellarton, N.S.
- Prepared taxes for E-file
- Worked with client and their financial adviser to ensure all deductions were accounted for.
- Filed readjustments for both the current year and previous tax years where applicable
- Gained a detailed understanding of the taxes surrounding investment income, rental income, medical deductions, and pension splitting.
Jun 2009 - Sep 2013
3L Contracting Ltd. Westville, N.S.
- Worked as a laborer during summer of 2009, 2010, and 2013
- Forming of foundations, framing of walls, drywalling, roofing, and siding, built ICF walls and foundations, insulation and vapor barrier.
- loading and unload trucks, move materials around site, wheel barrow cement, bend and cut reinforcing steel, destruction of old structures, shovel, level and wheel barrow gravel, clean up
Jun 2012 - Sep 2012
Lennox Parts Plus International Inc. Dartmouth, N.S.
- Receive incoming shipments, prepare outgoing shipments, assist with maintenance of warehouse
- Place phone orders, give information on pricing and available stock, and forward calls to superiors.
May 2011 - Sep 2011
ALX Exploration Services Ltd, Whitehorse, Y.T
- Assembled core-sample boxes with the use of pneumatic staple guns and glue.
- Cutting of materials with the use of table saws, chop saws, and dado saws.
- Labor work - clean property of any left-over construction materials, clearing of cut down trees, load and unloading of customer vehicles, packaging of pallets.
Sep 2008 - May 2009
Assante Capital Management Ltd, Stellarton, N.S.
- Client Relations: answering phone, booking appointments, written correspondence, meeting preparations, and mass mail outs.
- Investment Administration: Stock, mutual fund, bond order entry processing, securities research & extensive charting analysis, portfolio construction
- Client Service: worked with Assante business processing (Toronto) on client investment administration
- Daily Bank Reconciliation
- Experienced in: - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Goldmine, Client database management,
Nova Scotia Liberal Party, Social Media, Halifax, Nova Scotia
September 2013 – December 2013
Social Media Strategist
- Create material for broadcasts under guidance of chief social media strategist at campaign headquarters
- Schedule auto-broadcasts for strategic time periods.
- Trained in political social media and the creation of engagement based content
- Using strategic message deployment techniques to ensure maximum public engagement
Mayo Clinic, Tissue Engineering and Polymeric Biomaterials Laboratory, Rochester, Minnesota
August 2013 – September 2013
- Assisted with running experiments: apparatus set up, note taking on the status of samples undergoing changes, instrument calibration, clean up and sterilization
- Trained in experimental methods in the areas of tissue culture, molecular biology, immunology, immunohistochemistry, and the synthesizing of biodegradable polymers.
- Attendance of weekly conferences where specialists analyzed and reviewed current cases in the field of musculoskeletal oncology and joint repair techniques
- Training in proper lab methods, safety precautions and sterilization methods
- Operating room observation for total hip replacement, total knee replacement and internal hemipelvectomy surgeries.
Capital Health - Veteran Services, Halifax, N.S.
September 2012 – May 2013
Bingo Program Volunteer
- Assisted veterans from their rooms down to the bingo hall, assisted with playing bingo and distributing prizes, serve tea, coffee and sandwiches, and assist veterans in getting back to their rooms.
- Received training in assisting patients who are in a wheel chair, assisting patients with disabilities, Dementia training, and proper sanitation methods for working in a hospital environment