Union Vale Middle 8th Grade Project Lead the Way Curriculum:
Eighth grade Technology is a laboratory based hands-on course designed to allow students to solve problems by processing materials and information. During the course, students will be required to computerized drawing, fabrication, digital electronics and robotics. Projects will consist of :
(1) Designing and constructing a projects using Autodesk Inventor CAD software
(2) Designing a ‘Rube Goldberg’ simple machines chain reaction device,
(3) Designing Robotics solutions for control system problems using “Fischertecnics” parts & programming software.
(4) CAD design of and building, testing, modifying and racing a ‘CO2 Car’
(5) Problem solving in Digital Electronics using digital logic gates.
(6) Basic Electronics using SNAP Circuits
Black and White Photography High School Level 9-12 Grades
The camera will be explored as a medium of visual communications and creative expression. This introductory course will begin with the basics design skills will be applied, as film is exposed, developed, printed, enlarge, cropped, etc. The history of photo processes will be covered along with an exploration of career possibilities.