More than fourteen years of photography, ethnography and documentary experience, covering 160 countries with publications in Conde Naste, The Times of London (UK), The Boston Globe, Time (Europe), GEO Italia, The Guardian, Sunday Telegraph (UK), The Independent (UK), Figaro Magazine, Daily Telegraph (UK), International Herald Tribune, You Magazine (South Africa), Maxim (China), Thalassa, Syracuse, Post Standard, L'actualité, Herritar Berri, Mundo Revistas, PM Magazine, The Week Magazine and Cover Agency (Spain) amongst others. International Humanitarian / NGO Clients including World Health Organization, Catholic Charities, UNESCO, and UNICEF.
Darfur, Sudan 2007-2008
Congo DRC, Africa 1997
- UNICEF, Thailand.
- Malaysian AIDS Council.
- Cambodia/Vietnam - Ethno-Photography and Portraiture Workshop (I am the Instructor).
Chennai - Budhist Trail Ethno-Photographic Workshop (I am the Instructor).
Freelance Professional Photographer
Extensive international assignment experience in Africa, Asia, Europe, South America, and South East Asia.
MEMBERSHIP:American Association of Media Photographers (ASMP), British Institute of Professional Photography, and Lightstalkers.org.
MAJOR ASSIGNMENTS UNDERTAKEN:
- 1995 Bosnia Herzegovina - Genocide and Civil War Coverage
- 1997 Eritrea - Ethiopia - Sudan, Vicious Triangle. Angola & Congo - war on resources and the indigenous.
- 1998 Sierra Leone - Fighting escalates (looped into Liberia Guinea and Mali as well)
- 2001 Southern India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Burma, Laos & Cambodia - Ethnographic project.
- 2002 - 2003 - Pakistan, Afghanistan - Ethnography & Documenting life of the poor.
- 2004 - Thailand, Indonesia, Vanuatu, Ethnographic Project - Algeria, Morocco, Mali & Mauritania.
- 2005 - Pakistan Earthquake Aftermath Recovery: Relief, Politics, Corruption.
- 2006 - 2007 South America - the Social, economic, and racial divides.
- 2008 - Sub-Sahara Africa - Followup to previous projects - Afghanistan - The Bookseller of Kabul, Pakistan, SE Asia The Haves and the Have Nots