Philip Morris Pakistan Limited
To lead operation of Processing Plants in manufacturing Tobacco blends and Cigarettes to meet production target objectives within the define parameter such as quality, productivity, cost, safety, delivery time, industrial /environmental health, continuous improvement spirit and at given budget.
Direct/Indirect Reports: 13 (First line)
Factory Staff: 430
Optimum utilization of manufacturing resources in meeting the production targets.
Maintain industrial peace as well as relating social relationship with government to ensure smooth running of the factory.
Plan, organize and control safety, health and environmental programs at the entire manufacturing area, to comply with regulation and company policy.
Embed continuous improvement culture through "OPEN" system to improve process/product quality and manufacturing systems/ procedures to achieve operational excellence at competitive cost.
Develop, recommend, and when approved, guide, control, adjust implementation of year’s work unit plans, projects, OPEX, and CAPEX budgets and cash flows as per business unit Manufacturing OB/LRP and Annual Business requirements.
Manage, coach and motivate staff, arrange training programs and delegate appropriate responsibilities, in order to develop skills, professionalism and high performance in line with individuals future career aspirations and company needs.
- Implemented business unit concept on shop floor and management staff to improve performance management to smallest delivery unit and development of team leaders/supervisors.
- Reduced outsourced head count by 10% through optimization of machine manning and product process flow.
- Increased efficiency of plant by 6% and reduction in material wastage by 12% through manufacturing staff capability building program supported by team performance management system.
- Upgraded manufacturing facility through installation of completely automated new tobacco processing line and manufacturing crew readiness through rigorous training program.
- Neutralized hostile Union-management relationships due to change of shift patterns from 2 shifts to 3 shifts and elimination of overtime. CBA and employees engaged on different fronts of recognition, reward and strong performance management. CLA negotiations completed without any disruption/negative impact on business.
- Led manufacturing side for the launch of new 100's length product while ensuring speed to market and premium quality standards.
- Achieved 3 Million safe man hours at site including the project for new building construction and processing line installation through strong EHS management system & BBS
- Led team for successful QS, ISO and OHSAS surveillance audits
- Established security mandatory practices protocol at site with support from security manager.