Senior DevOps/Cloud Security Engineer
· Within 1 month of hire, built a HIPAA compliant CouchDb cluster within AWS' Elastic Container Service while completing a live database migration from Cloudant (a CouchDb DaaS).
· For our HIPAA compliance, I created a Point-In-Time recovery mechanism for our CouchDb cluster. In an emergency, management could run my bash script and restore our CouchDb cluster to any 5 minute interval in the past.
· Within 1.5 months, architected (and implemented) a HIPAA compliant environment for our main application. This included a Blue/Green deployment methodology, AWS' Elastic Container Service, Cloudformation, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Cloudfront, Aurora and Jenkins.
· Led a DevOps team that included two contractors from Toptal.
· Provided security related code reviews for our developers while giving feedback in a compassionate manner.
· Helped build our continuous integration platform which consisted of Github, Jenkins, and Selenium.