Proactive customer service, greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct them to specific destinations. Hear and resolve complaints or answer questions from Customers, Tenants and general public. Transmit information or documents to Customers, Tenants using computer email, mail, or facsimile machine. Analyze data to determine answers to questions from Customers, Tenant or general public. Provide information about establishment to Federal Agencies, Offices, or Employees within the organization. Excellent telephone presence, friendly, courteous, and I have effective interpersonal skills. Ability to train, and assist Associates of various office programs on computer systems: MS Word XP, Maximo/Maxweb, and Lotus Notes email. Ability to type 65 words per minute, proofread, with excellent written/oral communication. Computer experience includes MS Word, Excel, Access, MS Office Suites, MS Internet Explorer, and email. Knowledge of various office equipment and visual aides for power-point presentations. Knowledge of administrative, clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology. Receive payments and record receipts for Conference Center reservations and services use of caterers. Communications with people outside the organization, representing the organization to Customers, Tenants, the public, government, and other external sources; with information being exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
Apr 2009 - Jun 2009
Sr. Office Specialists
Johnson Service Group
Provide administrative support for the Santa Clara Valley Water District,"SCVWD", Watershed Management Division; Maintenance Office Building facility. Answered, covered telephones for the support to the facilities maintenance crew, and staff of each unit. Team Units 293, 273, and 273. Backsup for two other Sr. Office Specialists who covered these teames.
Received Customer complaints from the Santa Clara Valley County residents concerning various outside environmentalcauses, originated service tickets for the Sr. Field Administrators to send out maintenance crews to resolve complaints regarding: Ponds, rivers, graffiti removal, reservoirs, fence/gate issues, plus any outside filed calls, high or low priority. Closed service work orders when completed, filed and prepared documentation for quarterly reports. Cleared stored archieved files out of the vault filing system and prepared computer lists, for pickup and delivery to the warehouse storage facility.
Used various office software, programs/applications such as Maximo 4.1 database work order tracking applications, Comcate eFM CRM application, Outlook, Microsoft Suits and Excel.
Oct 2008 - Apr 2009
Sr. Office Specialists
Butler International Technology, Inc.
Provide administrative support for the "SCVWD", Watershed Management Division, and Maintenance Office Building. Provided support to Maintenance Crew, and Staffs', team units 293, 273, and 253. Data entry input of service work order request from Customers of the Santa Clara County, CA. My tassk included general clerical duties email Outlook, Microsoft Suits, and other programs/applications such as Maximo 4.1 database work order tracking application. Comcate eFM CRM application, email communications, interoffice memorandums and backup support for two other Sr. Office Specialists.
Dec 2007 - Jan 2008
Abbtech Staffing Services
Provided clerical, data entry, and customer service duties under the direction of Lockheed Martin/Homeland Security; for the new Government TWIC Program.
Meet and greet Employees from various Trucking Companies, Longshoreman, and any other personnel working for the docks in the Oakland, California's Port location.
Processed payments for TWIC I.D card (Credit card or money order).Input Employees personal identification information into Lockheed Martin's system program, which entailed using their driver's license, passports, social security numbers, and their confirmation number required before they could register to receive a TWIC card. Took fingerprints, photo I.D.'s and explained the requirements and responsibility to hold a TWIC card to each individual after processing. Matched the processed TWIC cards to individuals' picking up for entrance into the dock by fingerprint and issued the card to that person.
Sep 2003 - May 2007
Administrative Assistant/Service Desk Manager
American Building Service
Administrative Assistant/Conference Center Coordinator
Provided administrative assistance support for the customer service front desk under the general direction of the U.S. General Services Administration, Golden Gate Property Management Office, located at the Phillip Burton Federal Building & U.S. District Courthouse; 450 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco, CA.
FRONT DESK CUSTOMER SERVICE
• Meet and greet Visitors/Tenants, determine nature of visit and assist them or refer them to the appropriate Manager, Staff member.• Handle heavy multi-telephone lines, answered calls, screened, and referred calls to the appropriate personnel.• Researched information of government agencies, locations, and general information to walk-in Customers/Tenants.• Communication via email (Lotus Notes), or in person with Tenant request, Managers' general referrals, regarding conference center inquires, meeting times, conference call setups, etc.• Processed Heads of Agencies Memorandums of important Building information via email, or by hand delivery to Heads of Agencies on various issues (i.e. security, Tenant Committee Meetings, Building Projects, or just updates on Building Management changes.• Assisted staff with Contractor clearance procedures: took photos of individuals for government contract jobs, and provided them with and I.D. clearance badge to work in a level 4 secured Building. • Took instructions from Managers, Vendors, Contractors, and or Tenants on request to enter the Federal Building, which entailed preparing the forms necessary for them to complete in order to bring in, or take out equipment, furniture, visit Associates, and enter other Federal secured spaces.• Sign in and out keys for Contractors and Vendors to enter custodial closets, telephone closets and conference rooms.• Written up office plans and procedures for front desk, service calls, and conference center procedures. • Processed various other general clerical forms and duties requested by Managers, Staff or Program Analysts.
CONFERENCE CENTER EVENT COORDINATOR
• Performed and maintained the duties and responsibilities of coordinating the Conference/Meeting Center for the Phillip Burton Federal Building and U.S. District Courthouse, and the San Francisco Service Center which covers many conference rooms.• Received telephone calls, email and walk in conference room reservations. Assigned desired room received event information and noted equipment requested daily.• Provided information to Tenant or Non-Federal Agency of room capacity and setup configurations, audio/visual equipment, or available data lines for computer or telephone availability for conference calls. • Participated closely with Supervisor of Special maintenance for setup of conference rooms and equipment.• Placed confirmation calls and prepared weekly schedule for location of room and update a Lobby Kiosk of Events scheduled.• Maintained files, manuals for references and updated procedures for conference center to assist office Staff.• Took service calls, dispatched to the appropriate Building Contractor for assistance if necessary and provided any and all assistance as needed for conference center and meeting rooms.• Communicate prices, negotiated fees, and completed documents necessary for reservation. Documents were either sent by email or facsimile for billing.• Collected payments, processed payments and updated logs in manuals; referred credit card payments or checks to other office Staff as necessary for payments received. • Reported to Sr. Building Manager or Property Manager upon receiving request for conference room reservations from Top Head of Agencies for security issues (Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi's office, U.S. Marshals' Office, U.S. District Courthouse Judges', etc.).• Trained office Associates' on operation of Conference Center procedures and audio/visual operations so that they could provide assistance upon my absence.
MAINTENANCE/CUSTODIAL SERVICE CALL/CALL CENTER SUPPORT
• Responsible for receiving, entering service calls on maintenance, or custodial complaints from Tenants of the U. S. General Services Administration Federal Government and all other Federal Agencies onto Region 9's Maximo/Maxweb Program. Located at the Phillip Burton Federal Building, U.S. District Courthouse, as well as the Federal Building at 50 United Nations Plaza, San Francisco, CA.• Once the call is entered onto the Maximo program, it is opened as a work ticket and dispatched to the appropriate service call technician/mechanical engineer for resolve. The work is completed, referred back to me for a callback to the Tenant report as to if service was satisfactory; if the work was more involved and more time was required the Manager would then be notified or Project Manager on site. • Generate reports on service calls for Manager's analysis for Building equipment.• Work with Managers' and Project Managers' on special work tickets and service request, and coordinate with Contractors.• Routed various Building service tickets to outside Vendors for resolution of complaints from Tenants.• As requested provided reports from Maximo to Excel documents for Sr. Property Manager, or any one of our Property Managers' on difference Contracts for resolution of high level concerns, and request for action from many Federal Agencies (U.S. District Attorney's Office, U.S. District Court Judges', U.S. GSA Regional Offices, U.S. Pretrial Services, DEA, FBI, DHS, etc.).• Closed out calls received in a timely manner and provide reports of action to Manager, Project Manager plus placed follow-up calls to Tenants' to ensure satisfaction of work. • Trained Contractor employees/or Staff on procedures to Maximo/Maxweb Program for service calls (i.e. entering/closing and follow-ups, and dispatching to the appropriate personnel; and trained two Building Engineers on the program for their Building.• Written out instruction of procedures to programs, filed and kept records necessary when I was unavailable to assist for office Staff.
Aug 2002 - Sep 2003
Office Administrative Assistant
International Programming Systems, Inc.
Assistant to Program Analyst, Sr., Building Manager, four Property Managers', as well as, the office Staff; I provided office clerical/reception support for the Phillip Burton Federal Building and U.S. District Courthouse, and the Federal Building at 50 United Nations Plaza, San Francisco, CA.
• Administrative and clerical support under the direction of the Program Analyst in support of the functions of the Golden Gate Property Management Office, San Francisco Service Center Region 9. • Conference Center Coordinator and Building Service Call Center dispatcher support.• Meet, greet, and screen all incoming visitors, Tenants, Customers, and general public.• Handle heavy multi-telephone calls, screen and refer to the appropriate Staff member or Manager.• Handle, or refer complaints from Tenants and Customers to the appropriate Manager for Building Maintenance conditions and repair.• Place calls to Vendors, Building Maintenance, Contractors, for service calls request from Tenants, and or Managers.• Dispatch service calls to Custodial, Special Services Custodial/Maintenance and or Maintenance Department via radios/pager, or by telephone for Building complaints to be resolved.• Data entry for all service calls into Maximo/Maxweb database program for recordkeeping and analyzing and maintenance of Building repairs.• Processed incoming and outgoing mail, prepared, distributed administrative forms, via email, hand distribution, and by assisting Managers' by making sure the Conference Center or Meeting rooms were setup for Building Committee Meetings, Tenant Meetings, or by conference calls. • Tests equipment for proper uses, setup audio/video projector for power-point presentation, assisted Instructors, Tenants/Customers on how to use equipment, and maintained equipment for the conference center in coordination with Custodial/Special Maintenance Supervisor. • Processed administrative forms and prepare various correspondence and reports from rough draft to final. Prepared, distributed a form for Authorization to Enter the Federal Building into Loading Dock or inside the Building.• Took I.D. photos for Contractors ready to work on projects with the Federal Government and handed out clearance packets to Contractors employees for processing to work.
Aug 1988 - Dec 1994
Secretary/Receptionists - Clerk II
International Machinists Union Local Lodge 1546 & Aerospace Worker's
Performed Secretarial support for Area Director and Business Agency Representatives in the Business Agency Office, experienced in Labor Union business.
• Performed daily reception/secretarial support, excessive customer service with minimal or no supervision for the general public and Union membership. Performed data entry while handling heavy multi-telephone lines, screened, took messages or transferred to the appropriate person.
• Assisted Supervisor on various office projects, and provided word processing support for Business Representatives (MS Word, MS Excel, Access, and Office 98). Met daily deadlines while managing the office with little or no supervision.• Handled heavy levels of inter-office communication, correspondence to inform Members of status on their grievance files.• Mailed important information to Membership manually, or with office equipment.• Assisted Employees/Members with documentation necessary to join, transfer, or withdraw membership with the Union. • Distributed necessary union contracts explaining union rules and benefits.• Processed grievances filed by Members, maintained Company files, communicated daily with affiliated Unions, Companies, Attorneys, and other outside Organizations.• Opened and closed Office, setup office equipment and computers.• Completed financial tractions as a Clerk II in the Financial Office for Secretary-Treasurer and Staff. • Data entry computations to update membership listings using Spreadsheet applications, (i.e. Unix Systems)• Opened office, setup computers, office equipment and opened safe to setup cashier for daily financial transactions.• Handled and prepared cash drawer for account receivables, and payables. Assisted Office Manager and other Clerks prepare daily bank deposits, i.e. closing out end of the day cash drawer and tailed receipts.• Mailing daily and monthly receipt payments to Membership. Mailing of collection notices and any other important documents to Members.• Data entry processing of general account ledger transactions while posting financial accounting of Members' union dues on Unix Systems program. • Closed Office if necessary as assigned by Secretary-Treasurer.
Jan 1994 - Jul 1994
Kaye, Gyemant & McCarthy Law Firm
Performed bookkeeping support for the Attorney billing department, and assisted account Manager at the San Francisco location, and worked with the corporate Office in Los Angeles, CA.
• Performed data entry and accounting duties for the Attorney's billing department, handled A/R and A/P of Attorney and Client billing. Processed financial transactions with Commercial Banking Merchants accounts.• Used various accounting spreadsheet programs for the processing of monthly reports, i.e. One Write Plus, Quattro.• Met deadlines for billing cycles. Processed inter-office communications, telephone communication between the San Francisco and Los Angeles Offices, performed any other general clerical duties requested by office Staff.
Jan 1998 - Dec 1991
Law Offices of Raymond E. Willis & Affordable Legal Clinic
Provided legal secretarial assistance for Attorney services and Paralegal division. Specializing in Family Law, Civil Litigation, Bankruptcy, and U.S. Immigration Law.
• Organized and performed general clerical duties, reception for old and new Clients' for the Attorney and Paralegal Division. • Handle heavy call volume, screened, transferred or took messages from the general public or potential Clients'. • Schedule Client appointments, interviews, provided analysis and witnessing in regards to Clients' files or cases filed with the Courts.• Provided word processing support, data entry on various computer programs: Word Star 4.2, MS Word, Bankruptcy Program, ten-key machines for accounting purposes and typed 55-60 works per minute.• Interpersonal relations and heavy contact with Clients', processed and finalized preparation of California Judicial Forms for filings with U.S. County Courthouses, Clerk Office.• Maintained case files, legal calendar, and initiated filings, communications with various County Court Clerks' for procedures. • Performed A/R/AP, data entry of all billable time on Client case files; entered costs to client records for monthly invoicing, provided any and all other general clerical office duties as requested.
Dickenson Warren Business College
Feb 2010 - Present
Edward Shands Adult Education
Continuing my education in the field of administration, MS Office Suite skills.