April 2014-Present, College
- Jun 2016-Sep 2016, Attending summer course to learn singing Opera at Five Towns College in NY.
- Jan 18th, 2016 Recording at Tokyo College of Music. Representing the student body, I mixed and
recorded four original pieces with an engineer and a composer Katsumi Horii.
Feb 2016 Recorded a Beatles medley at the recording studio in Tokyo College of Music. I arranged, produced, and selected the performers of the string quartet.
April 2015- Present. I have been studying orchestration.
Feb 23th, 2016 Performed at Annual Jazz Improvisation Concert at Tokyo College of Music Concert Hall. Played piano on Miles Davis’ “So What” with Rick Overton’s jazz group.
Jan 2016 Played the guitar and recorded Marvin Gaye’s “What’s Going On” with Casiopea, one of the most important fusion bands in Japan, at a recording studio in Tokyo College of Music.
- Aug 2015 Finished making 21 movie soundtracks on cue sheets.
- Sept 2015–Present. Taking voice lessons twice a month; began using own voice for own compositions.
- Nov 18th, 2015 Performed at school’s Open House. Selected to be a representative at school’s Open House Week and performed a Latin version of Elton John’s “Your Song” that I arranged.
- Apr 2014 Mastered music software and hardware such as DAW Cubase and Finale.
- Apr 2014- Present. Studied pop music of all genres and eras using visual and audio reference materials, in a world pop music class.
- Apr 2014–Present. Took a harmony workshop and learned about harmonic counterpoint; able to implement it in compositions.
- Sept 2014–Jan 2015 Performed weekly assignments covering music of a variety of genres with Cubase on MIDI. Then, composed original pieces inspired by the music. Learned to compose music of many different genres.
April 2011–March 2014, High School
- Dec 2014 Performed Cherubino in Le Nozze di Figaro.
- Nov 2013 Chosen as one of the eight finalists at a Nippon Columbia Vocal Competition with Nicola Formichetti, Lady Gaga’s creative director as a judge.
- Apr 2011–Mar 2014 Started a pop music cover band, and performed about ten times at school events and live music venues.
- Apr 2011–Mar 2014 Performed and volunteered as an organist. Belonged to an organ club, and performed at church services. Also did volunteer works such as playing at local church services and doing outreach concerts and lessons for children.
- Mar 2011 Participated in Sapporo Jazz Music, Japan. Played piano on Herbie Hancock’s “Watermelon Man.”