Software Development Manager
RedPrairie Corporation (acquired StorePerform in 2006)
Managed groups of software developers, testers, and database architects from eight to twenty, sometimes mixed on and off-shore, developing a variety of enterprise Java products. Supported individuals and teams through mentoring, coaching, and servant leadership in all things from teaching OO programming by example to organizational skills to business development.
Designed, evangelized, and managed lean approaches to many aspects of our business, including:
- the process to transfer development of an ailing enterprise product from India to Denver; including hiring, building, and leading local teams to rehabilitate it
- metrics and a dashboard to show holistic performance across all areas of a product, e.g., defect density, inventory, revenue, sales pipeline
- an integrated compensation and performance evaluation system for development staff
- collaboration tools and practices of instant messaging, micro-blogging, online code review, and a wiki
automated integration and unit, load, and acceptance testing in Java, JUnit, and Selenium
- Scrum training and coaching for teams, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners
- an internal open source practice to promote collaboration between different product teams across the US and UK
Continued developing and managing a vendor execution management product, begun in 2004, through its second major release and several minor.