- Alumnus, Leadership North Carolina Class XVI
- Inaugural member, UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School Alumni Council
- Past President, Triangle Urban League Young Professionals
- Past Member, Women's Business Enterprise National Council Southeast Certification Committee
- Alumni Interviewer, Consortium for Graduate Study in Management
- Member, National Black MBA Association
- Volunteer, Meals on Wheels of Durham
- 2003 National Leadership Award, National Society of Black Engineers - Alumni Extension
Strategic Planning / Relationship Management
Dynamic, resourceful business strategist with 9 years of demonstrated success in creating and managing impactful programs that strengthen organizational success, and a strong record of community leadership. A quick learner, experienced presenter, and thorough analyst with strengths in interpersonal and written communications. Core competencies include:
- Plan/Program Development
- Business Capacity Analysis
- Team Building
- Client Relations
- Organizational Leadership
- High-Impact Presentations
- Determined needs assessments to identify client service requirements and solutions for business growth.
- Performed financial underwriting which included analyzing business and financial plans, and writing recommendation memos.
- Performed process analysis including evaluating internal business practices, and captured voice of product stakeholders to ensure business practice relevance.
Plan Development/ Program Management
- Developed strategic business and marketing plans for small to medium sized firms.
- Drafted and organized proposals and applications on behalf of firms.
- Designed curriculum, facilitated trainings and developed follow-up procedures.
- Recruited and led cross-functional teams and committees - raised over $140,000 in cash pledges and in-kind donations.
- Recruited and developed business accountability group to support solo entrepreneurs through various stages of business growth.
- Developed communications plan to promote membership (active and alumni) involvement at various levels.
- Maintained client portfolio including managers and CEOs of small to medium sized firms.
- Worked with membership organizations to lead teams in providing programming and incentives for up to a 250 person membership base.
- Negotiated partnership to benefit local firms with business development services.
I have conducted seminars and presentations primarily on business plan development, business financing, and minority and woman business enterprise certifications at the following venues and forums:
- 2007 Carolinas Minority Supplier Development Council Business Opportunity Conference, Charlotte, NC
- 2007 Certifications Symposium, Greensboro, NC (Facilitator)
- 2007 Financial Education Day, Jackson, NC
- 2007-2008 NC Historically Underutilized Business Entrepreneurial Seminars, Raleigh, NC
- 2008 Women's Entrepreneur Conference, Greensboro, NC
- Alamance Community College, Graham, NC
- Child Care Services, Fayetteville, NC
- Fayetteville Tech Community College, Fayetteville, NC
- Martin Community College, Williamston, NC
- One Love Ministries, Durham, NC
2005 - Present
Sole proprietor business consultancy providing business plan development, organizational structuring and general business advisory to local firms.
¨Developed business plan for a $1 million+ Construction Company to diversify their business from solely residential to include more commercial and government projects.
¨Negotiated partnership to provide services for clients of local business incubator resulting in stronger positioning for client financing.
¨Conducted business development and marketing through networking and service activities increasing number of relationships by 10%.
2006 - 2008
Provided business, marketing, and financial plan solutions to firms in start-up and expansion phases. Conducted seminars monthly on business planning, understanding financial statements, or pursuing financing.
¨Analyzed business and financial plans, and performed financial underwriting to evaluate firms for viable financial deals resulting in more than $500,000 in approved start-up financing.
¨Received “very good” to “excellent” feedback on all trainings facilitated within general population.
¨Performed needs assessments to identify client service needs and solutions for over 80 clients which provided direction in their business development.
¨Wrote two research papers analyzing business partnership types and the success of woman-owned firms.
2004 - 2004
Domestic Product Development Intern/Associate Program Manager
Developed internal enrichment product for the team leads of a best of breed new product development process. Evaluated current methods and captured voice of product stakeholders to ensure relevance.
¨Presented product to senior management for direct implementation.Results supported corporate goal of 21% reduction in product time-to-market.
¨Co-managed executive training program at the University of Memphis for FedEx managers.
2003 - 2005
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Recipient of Integrity Core Value Award. 2nd Place Team Captain, Executive Leadership Council/Goldman Sachs 2005 Business Case Competition. Vice President of Student Activities, MBA Student Association - recruited and led cross-functional 16 member volunteer committee to raise $135,000 from 72% of MBA class for school endowment - a three-time increase over previous year's results. Alumni Relations Chair, Alliance of Minority Business Students. Participated in South Africa Global Immersion.