Senior Business and Communication student with strengths in social media management, community relations, data analytics and project management. Excellent business analysis, event planning and problem solving skills. Proven ability to work effectively in a cross functional, fast-paced environment. Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese.
M&A Strategy Intern
Commercial Due Diligence, Deloitte, Shanghai, China
- Conduct market research for market entry strategy, feasibility study, target screening
- Gather key information through telephone interviews, management discussions and site visits
- Correctly and efficiently analyze data and summarize key industry findings (market structure, competitors, economic, political and social environment etc.)
- Perform scenario analysis and sensitivity analysis to estimate performance and productivity
- Write concise reports with sound business recommendations to clients
Oct 2015Nov 2015
Communication and Social Media Assistant
posAbilities, Burnaby, B.C.
- Managed and updated the annual artshow website using WIX.com
- Brainstormed and implemented hashtags on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to promote the annual artshow
- Gathered stories from artists and wrote bibiliographies accordingly
- Reached out to media outlets (TV, paper and digital) in an attempt to gain exposure for the artshow
Jun 2014Jun 2015
Sustainability Peer Educator
Sustainability Office, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, B.C.
- Conceptualized, coordinated and executed engagement events to promote transit sustainability among students and university staff
- Planned and organized bike maintenance workshops with a local bike shop on campus to advocate for green transportation
- Assisted with analyzing Simon Fraser University's university-wide cycling survey data (437 participants) using Excel and VBA
Jun 2014Dec 2014
Marketing and Project Assistant (Co-op)
Noura Construction Ltd., Coquitlam, B.C.
- Researched, identified and created engaging content for blog, newsletters, brochures and social media channels
- Used Hootsuite Analytics to monitor website traffic, Twitter and Facebook accounts; developed strategies to increase page visits and followers
- Prepared monthly real estate report for internal reference based on research and analysis on industry data and trend
- Worked with a shooting crew in preparation of scripts for 3 commercial videos
- Cold called and emailed prospects and clients to gather product feedback
- Monitored and resolved action items to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Managed and updated prospect database and project timeline
Mar 2014Nov 2014
TEDxSFU, Burnaby, B.C.
- Approached and established sponsorship through cold calls and emails
- Negotiated and secured $1000 in-kind sponsorship by demonstration through presentations and in-person meetings
- Delivered presentations to audiences from 30 to 200 to promote the event
- Collaborated with the design team in developing the sponsorship package content
Jun 2014Aug 2014
Case Competition Trainee
Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, B.C.
- Selected in a group of 30 students to participate in an 8 week training program with in-depth coaching on business case analysis and presentation skills
- Analyzed and researched business case organizations to make feasible recommendations and implementation plans
Sep 2013April 2014
Simon Fraser University Engage Blog
- Conducted interviews to gather interesting stories for blog posts
- Selected and wrote content for the website
- Proofread drafts
Jul 2013Nov 2013
SFU Student Marketing Association, Burnaby, B.C.
- Organized a speaker and networking conference to expose undergraduates to the marketing industry
- Led, coordinated and managed a 5 member organizing committee to achieve a student conference with 5 speakers and 90 attendees and a profit of $400
- Managed project budget and implementation timeline
- Developed and implemented promotional strategies to sell event tickets, including scheduling booth sales and promotion through Facebook, Twitter, Eventbrite
Sep 2012Jun 2015
Pink by Victoria's Secret, Burnaby, B.C.
- Resolved customer issues smoothly at store level in a positive manner and was able to achieve monthly sales goal of $250/hour
- Maintained visual standards and sales floor stock
Jan 2012May 2012
Faculty of Political Science, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, B.C.
- Conducted market research on Chinese wine industry with respect to trade, economic and political regulations as a comparison of the Canadian wine industry
- Analyzed industry data and created a report on the development and expansion of Chinese wine industry
BBA, Business Administration and Communication Joint Major
Simon Fraser University
Marketing Concentration; Certificate in Business Analytics and Decision Making
Awards: Business International Mobility Award; Dean's Honor Roll