I enjoy reading both the fiction and non-fiction books. This has helped me become a resourceful and knowledgeble educator.
To be a dedicated early childhood educator and provide children with meaningful learning experiences that equips them with the knowledge and skills, in an environment that gives children the joy of learning.
Writes and speaks in English and Mandarin fluently
Effective and confident communicator
Competent with the MS Office software
Innovative and creative lesson planner
A good- planner and is well- organised
Encouraging and patient towards children
Skilful in Art & Craft and other craft activities
A self- motivated and self- reflective learner
Competent in the use of Multimedia to enhance children's learning experiences
Nov 2006 - Present
- Helping the student reach the passing grade from the failing grade in his English language and Mathematics.
- Improving the student’s ability to converse and read in English.
- Motivated student to complete work diligently through effective use of encouragement and rewards.
Oct 2008 - Nov 2008
English Teacher to the Toddlers
Superland Montessori Preschool
- Planned hands- on activities for the thematic unit on plants
- Conducted simple cookery sessions for the children
- Assisted in the planning and executing of a field trip toChangi Terminal 3
- Assisted in the creation of backdrop for the year- end- concert
- Involved in the preparation for and in executing the year- end- concert
Mar 2008 - Jul 2008
Kindergarten 2 Teacher
Learning by the Park
- Redesigned the Kindergarten 2 classroom; establishing learning corners for the children.
- Assisted in the planning and executing of field trips.
- Created activity books pertaining to related themes to enhance children’s learning, which received good comments from my mentor.
- Influenced children’s eating habits through effective use of encouragements and praises (eating of vegetables).
- Conducted Parent- Teacher- Conferences
Jul 2008 - Present
Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education and Leadership
Wheelock College, Singapore
May 2005 - Mar 2008
Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Leadership
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
2001 - 2004
Fairfield Methodist Secondary School
- Obtained ‘O’ levels, with 7 credits
- Distinction in Co- Curricular Activities
- Bronze in National Youth Achievement Awards