Quick and eager learner able to understand emerging concepts and technologies.
Takes initiative, whether calling to build pipeline or pursuing improvements to process and customer success.
Experienced analyzing needs, collaborating with resources to define the solution, and using consultative solutions-based sales approach to close business.
Strong communications and presentation skills.
Practiced at executing lengthy and complex sales process with stakeholders at many levels including “C” level executives.
Accomplished using Salesforce and Pardot, Google Apps, Go-to-Meeting, and Microsoft Office products.
Accomplished, driven and energetic executive seeks a sales or account management position with an organization who's offering challenges the status quo, pushing customers to innovate and think of exciting new ways of doing business. Opportunity to drive revenue through new customer acquisition and by leveraging relationships with existing customer base.
Oct 2014 - Dec 2015
Built ‘trusted adviser’ relationship with key stakeholder in over 50 existing accounts to strengthen customer satisfaction, improve contract renewals rates and increase up-selling and cross-selling revenue opportunities.
- Improved previously damaged relationship with several key customers to retain $48K in support contract revenue.
- Renewed 98% of license support contracts.
- Generated $250K in new license sales and professional services revenue to assigned accounts.
- Coordinated resources and managed to completion services projects.
- Strengthen referenceability which culminated in six customer case studies to showcase product use, professional service projects yielding tangible results and long term customer success.
Jan 2003 - Oct 2014
Promoted web content and experience management software to mid-level and enterprise organizations using consultative solutions approach.
- Consistently the top performing sales executive year after year. Negotiated and closed $10 million in new revenue.
- Secured $4 million in complementary professional services revenue with initial software sales.
- Coached and managed inside sales associate to qualify targeted sales leads.
- Built strong sales pipeline through cold calling, leveraging references and partnerships.
- Coordinated cross functional internal resources to develop and deliver solution recommendations.
- Owned the production of proposals and RFP responses, performed software demos and nurtured prospects through trials.
- Collaborated with marketing to create effective inbound and outbound campaigns for territory.
Jun 2000 - Dec 2003
Partner Channel Manager
Proactively recruited, trained and supported web design agency partners to position web content management software with their offering to expand sales opportunities, and increase revenue.
- Recruited 15 new partners.
- Exceeded assigned targets for sales volume with partner channel contributing $1.2 M in revenue or 30% of overall company sales.
Feb 1998 - Jun 2000
Business Development Manager
Helped start-up web content management software development company to obtain new customers and build revenues to $3M in two years.
- Third employee hired. Juggled many tasks and priorities including lead development, sales management, account nurturing and product marketing to grow business.
- Exceed sales target of $250K the first year, and $1M the second year.
Jun 1984 - May 1996
Data Communications Specialist
AT&T South (formerly BellSouth Corporation)
Promoted high speed data networking and voice tele-communications services to companies of all sizes.
- Consistently exceed sales goals. Five times attained President's Club goals.
- Coordinated internal resources to analyze and present deployment options, scope out and deliver services, and negotiate ongoing support and escalation services.
Bachelors of Science in Business
Miami University, Farmer School of Business
In addition, achieved a Minor in Art and Minor in Statistics