Sr. SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR / IT Director 5/08-PresentSSI, INC. � Orem, UTReport to the Chief Technology Officer, tasked with directing and working closely with aninternational team of system and network administrators to provide highly available systeminfrastructure services. Pro-actively maintain, monitor, architect, design, and implement systemconfigurations to meet growing needs. Accountable for the hardware and operating system levelsoftware of designated Windows servers. Challenged to provide and maintain best practicedisaster recovery and system backups. Follow change management and configurationmanagement policies and procedures. Infrastructure consists of Windows 2003 Active Directory,450+ servers, 12 different locations and more than 2100 Windows 7/XP desktop/laptops. Planand implement IT projects as needed.
- Implemented Cisco UCS environment to host our core Infrastructure services.
- �Implemented VMware View 4.6 Virtual Desktop Infrastructure,
- �Retired Symantec Antivirus Corporate edition and managed the project to rollout a new Anti-virus solution company wide.
- �Doubled infrastructure capacity for several sites and assisted in bringing up 3 new call centers.
- �Brought online 2 new ESX 4.5 VSphere Dell Blade Servers currently retiring ESX 3.5 and moving VMs.
- �Upgraded and migrated FAS for the Accounting department to a new VM.
- �Converted production mail sender servers and desktops running monitoring software to VMs
- �Assisted in the implementation and migration to an EMC Avamar Grid for system wide backups.
- �Replaced Domain Controllers in all call centers. Migrated data to new hardware with zero downtime.
- �Assisted with formatting and redeploying of all desktops in domestic call centers.
SYSTEMS SUPPORT ANALYST 12/06-05/08COVANCE, INC. � Reno, NVReport to the SDO IT Manager, tasked with supporting and maintaining the server and desk sideenvironment along with Reno’s telephony system. Infrastructure consists of Windows 2000 ActiveDirectory, 80+ servers, 40+ different applications and more than 200 Windows XP professionaldesktop/laptops. Provide incident ownership for PC related failures at Group 2 sites. Coordinateincident recovery and repair with 3rd party support providers. Configure, maintain, and administerall classes of in-scope computer systems. Assist in projects with infrastructure components asneeded. Create and validate new standard images for all computer models. Install and configurenew software and hardware. Troubleshoot and resolve connectivity issues for enterprise andbusiness applications. Manage inventory of technical assets valued at up to $900,000.
- � Nominated and received Bravo award for providing outstanding customer service in May of 2007.
- �Created updated images from corporate with customized in house software installations on a per
- department level decreasing the amount of time required to roll out or refresh end user systems.
- �Assisted in the placement of a new console at reception. Updated voice recordings for menu driven vectoring for internal calls.
- �Selected to provide onsite support in the La Jolla, CA call center for 1.5 months until onsite staff was hired.
- �Assigned to retire Windows 2000 terminal server environment and deploy new Citrix Presentation
- Server 4.0 infrastructure for remote users and branch office located in the U.K.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER 07/00-12/06IDAHO ASPHALT SUPPLY, INC. � IDAHO FALLS, IDReporting to the CFO, tasked with managing IT and telephony systems. Infrastructure consistedof Windows 2000 Active Directory, 15 servers, 20+ different applications and more than 100Windows XP professional desktop/laptops. Monitored and supported internal network securityincluding adding/deleting users and shared permissioning. Analyzed and resolved infrastructureconnectivity issues. Performed all IT functions including data center management, technicalsupport, and disaster recovery planning. Challenged to improve productivity and reduced coststhrough improved uses of technology. Consistently authored plans to consolidate/upgradeservers and establish consistent hardware/software standards to eliminate unstable, highly mixedoperating environment. Managed inventory of technical assets valued at up to $500,000.
- � Demonstrated exceptional skills in professionalism and responsiveness across a wide variety of areas at Corporate and 6 remote sites requiring 15% travel
- � Audited all current and incoming servers, desktops and laptops, including complete hardware
- reformatting, troubleshooting, reconditioning, and hardware/software installation and upgrade.
- � Implemented centralized Document Management system.
- � Assisted in the creation and roll out of 3 company websites
- � Maintained mandated goal of system uptime consisting of unscheduled downtime of critical systems < 1hour and non critical systems < 24 hours.
- Consolidated and stabilized servers improving uptime and standardization.
- �Completed upgrade of Windows NT servers to Windows 2000 servers and migration from Novell 4.1.
- �Retired outdated Memotec routers using Frame-Relay to Cisco ATM network with new IP scheme.
- Migrated company email system from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange Server 2003.
- Held key position in 6 month adhoc committee to implement new core company software package.
- Coordinated efforts from four different software vendors and two software engineers for completesystem integration.
- Implemented Helpdesk software for written user request and change management documentation.
- Formed IT Steering Committee. Held monthly meetings to discuss IT agenda, budget, business ROI, and achieve organizational buy in on multiple projects.
SR. NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR/ LEAD HELPDESK SPECIALIST 12/96-07/00MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC � TWIN FALLS, IDRecruited to be onsite support for a Utah based Real-Estate firm client. Reporting to the CFO,tasked with managing IT and telephony systems. Infrastructure consisted of 15 Windows NT 4.0Servers at 13 different sites connected via Frame-relay, 10+ different applications and more than175 Windows 9x desktop/laptops. Monitored and supported internal network security includingadding/deleting users and shared permissioning. Analyzed and resolved network/serverconnectivity issues. Perform all IT functions including data center management, technical support,and disaster recovery planning. Manage inventory of technical assets valued at up to $200,000.
- �Promoted and relocated to fill position as Senior Network Administrator located in Twin Falls, Idaho providing expert advice and coordinating the efforts of 3 people.
- �Audited all current and incoming servers, desktops and laptops, including complete hardware reformatting, troubleshooting, reconditioning, and hardware/software installation and upgrade for 30 +medical/law clients through out many different states.
- Implemented and supported custom written medical practice software which required 40% travel.