Food Service Student Associate
Portland Community College
I was excited to work at PCC Cascade cafeteria. My responsibilities are as the followings:
- Sets up and closes out cash registers and performs cashiering as needed.
- Keeps work and service area in a safe, sanitary and orderly manner. Understands and complies with County/State/Federal health codes to ensure the health and safety of the customer.
- Caters special events (sets up, waits table, prepares facilities, maintains food presentation, etc.).
- Inventories and restocks work stations for needed supplies.
- Works or assists at fry station and grill.
- Assembles salads, sandwiches and pizza. Prepares soups, coffee and espresso drinks.
- Serves on the hot line or deli station.
- Trains student help (including special needs and international students) to interact with the public, understand and comply with all applicable health codes and regulations, safe equipment operation procedures, cash handling, portion control, food quality standards, etc. Prepares training and progress reports upon request.
- Stays alert to ensure customers are being charged for items taken.
- Cleans preparation and service equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.