- Coordinates standardized group and/or individual test administration; administers and/or coordinates academic, credentials/certification, entrance, psychological, and vocational interest testing.
- Administers the center's computer testing pod, to include installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and enhancement of computer/network hardware, software, and peripheral.
- Plans, develops, and coordinates testing program policies, procedures and schedules, and ensures adequate staffing for the administration of examinations.
- Contacts testing companies, and orders and maintains supplies of manual testing materials.
- Supervises and monitors administration of tests by proctors; ensures that test instructions are accurate and that appropriate testing environments are maintained.
- Ensures that test results are fairly and accurately scored utilizing automated or manual processes; configures and operates test scoring scanners, and sets up and maintains computerized test score tracking systems and data bases.
- Provides routine direction, information, and advisement to students and prospective students in regards to testing policies, procedures, and outcomes.
- Ensures that all test administration is carried out in compliance with relevant university and higher education policies, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Ensures confidentiality of test results and recommendations; maintains security of testing materials.
- Keeps informed of advancing technology in standardized test administration, computer-based testing, machine scoring, and associated software.
- Supervises personnel which typically includes recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.