Also held position of Engineering Assistant / Site Developer for US AIR FORCE RESERVE at March ARB, CA (honorable discharge), Communications / Computer Systems Operator for US AIR FORCE at Scott AFB, IL (honorable discharge), and Network Operator / Customer Support for US AIR FORCE at Ramstein AB, Germany.
International Institute of Business Analysts
Association of Strategic Planning
Project Management Institute
Beta Gamma Sigma Alumni Association
Top-producing and innovative senior executive with more than 15 years of business and management experience in advertising and architect/engineering consulting sectors. Expertise in delivering pioneering software applications and new business development. Strategic thinker with demonstrated drive to achieve business goals through exceptional customer service, planning, and team building. Talented in creating high-performing organizational workplaces and developing productive relationships with clients, staff and senior management.
Contract Negotiations • Client Needs Assessment • New Product Launch • Quality Control
Process Improvements • Customer Relationship-Building • Market Expansion • Start-ups
Revenue Generation • Staff Development • Organizational Management • Customer Service
National Accounts • Strategic Planning • New Business Development • Market Research & Analysis
2005 - 2008
National Account Manager / Program Manager
Advanced company growth by cultivating challenging Fortune 100 account for consulting architect/engineering firm with 200 employees. Ensured timely completion of projects worth $2M that met customer expectations by effectively directing staff, building relationships with clients and project stakeholders and troubleshooting construction process from permitting to building inspection.
- Transformed company business model with branch office collaboration upon winning ground-breaking expansion of Starbucks' projects into multiple markets.
- Doubled Starbucks account revenues in 1 year by fostering strong client relationship through frequent communication and delivery of on-time and on-budget quality projects.
- Revitalized San Diego office, instilling processes to stem employee turnover and promote productive culture that boosted morale and revenue, requiring staff increase from 7 to 17 within two years.
- Propelled company growth by providing excellent customer service for highly demanding clients while balancing needs of up to 50 simultaneous projects.
- Reduced operation costs by 50% while maintaining quality standards through creation and mentoring of high-performance teams.
- Launched new revenue stream of construction document production, using outsourced contractors in India as well as remote teams in other company offices to reduce costs, increase profitability and improve turnaround time.
- Conceived 2008 San Diego regional business and marketing plans, presenting vision, strategy and goals to corporate management team and fellow top 30 executive managers at annual management retreat.
- Progressed rapidly within office ranks by producing internal process and communications improvements that stabilized operations and grew revenues, rising to second in command.
1993 - 2002
CTO / Founder
Conceived and launched high-tech advertising company producing multimedia touch screen applications for information and advertising, and delivering local advertiser content via public access kiosks at convention centers, with 3 partners and up to 20 employees/contractors. Charged with delivering technology strategy and all technical outcomes, including software development and hardware design, acquisition, installation and maintenance.
- Piloted unique product that quickly attracted interest from businesses and local community, rapidly generating positive cash flow for company.
- Achieved sustainable business model by meeting critical information needs in early Internet environment through distribution via online bulletin board service and public access kiosk terminals.
- Identified business opportunities through market research and analysis and extensive networking with business, community and government groups seeking to serve visitors and residents with government information, event calendar, maps, coupons and menus.
- Negotiated 5-year exclusive agreement with Long Beach Convention Center to deliver kiosks to convention center that would provide information to 1M guests.
- Achieved advertising renewal response of over 90% by demonstrating to clients popularity of kiosks through usage rates.
- Expanded operations by 33% while steering company through difficult economic times and managing $500,000 in debt.
- Grew company revenues by 650% from start to profitability, repaying SBA loan in full and on time.
- Designed and produced software for multimedia applications, requiring development of object-oriented programming, relational databases, graphics and animations, Macromedia (now Adobe) Director/Flash animations, LAN, and business metrics program to capture kiosk activity.
- Produced documentation and training materials for various software applications including proprietary Our Town NOW software for use by non-technical users.
Bachelor of Science
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY
Emphasis in Finance, Real Estate and Law. Graduated with honors; President's List